The Student Room Group

I have a boots interview!

Hi please help

I have an interview at boots in London this Friday.

I know I will be asked to discuss a product so I have chosen Rimmel Kate lasting finish and will do some further research about it.

What are the shop floor exercises?

What do they usually ask in interviews?

I am going to wear a black skirt with white blouse or shall i wear trousers instead?

Please help me! Really need a job! :smile:

Many thanks.:smile::smile::smile:
I have a job interview too! But it's next Wednesday! but I'm just wondering how I got the interview when I didn't even do the online assessment?? Which branch is yours at?
Reply 2
@Fateha291097 Have u previously done any of those assessments? i think they just use those results for prev assessments and on that basis asked u for an interview! I applied to so many branches and did quite a lot of those assessments and on a few i wasnt asked for assessment and i believe it was the one which i got an interview for i also didnt do an assessment. so dont worry :smile: good luck. mines a branch in london

ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS???? THANKS!
i neverr done any online assessment i just applied and they gave me an interview 2 days later:/ mine is in marylebone, and anyway i think you should wear trousers instead of a skirt, because your going to be moving around quite a bit, wear what you feel most comfortable in as long as its smart though, and make sure your enthusiastic and smiley! anyway good luck too:smile:
Reply 4
oh right but good thing u have an interview! give it ur best. in case ur wondering the online assessment gives u diff scenarios and some options where u chose best solution- its really common sense:smile: thanks for the advice :smile:
do you think there going to ask the questions from the online assessment in the interview?:O andd by the way incase you were wondering about the shop floor exercises these are some of the exercises they might ask you:
1) spot the confident and non confident customers that come into the shop
2) you will be taken to a messy aisle and asked how you would fix it and be given i thing 5 mins to fix it
3) explain your chosen product
Reply 6
Original post by Fateha291097
do you think there going to ask the questions from the online assessment in the interview?:O andd by the way incase you were wondering about the shop floor exercises these are some of the exercises they might ask you:
1) spot the confident and non confident customers that come into the shop
2) you will be taken to a messy aisle and asked how you would fix it and be given i thing 5 mins to fix it
3) explain your chosen product

No no i dont think so, but they may ask you questions in similar format, such as "what would u do if ....." and that's about it. My cousin had a boots interview before and she mentioned those shop floor exercises and general questions such as why u want to work for boots and what can u bring, so your skills basically :smile:
Okayy thank god! anyways good luck for tomorrow! hope you get the job:smile: just practice the answers to the questions you think they'd most likely ask and you should be fine
Reply 8
Thanks good luck to u too :biggrin: hope u get the job too :smile: yep will do, made some notes and will just go over main questions and answers
Just incase anybody else wanted to know: I've literally just come back from my Boots interview so here's what I had to do...
General interview questions like why you applied, what experience you have that could help you. Then example questions like when you went the extra mile for someone, helped a customer without having to be asked, and then team work.
Then we went onto the shop floor..gave me the scenario of a teenager unsure of what to buy in the hair care section. How you would approach, what questions you'd ask. Then the scenario changed like, what if she didn't use conditioner, has only been using the same brand of shampoo for years etc.
Then you had to talk about your chosen product, why you chose it. Then hypothetically sell it to your interviewer, to a teenage girl and then an elderly lady.
Then you walked around identifying confident and non-confident customers. Then you had to approach several customers you thought weren't confident and offer help.
Then you got took to an aisle, asked what you'd change etc and then I was left to make some changes and had to explain what I did when the interviewer came back.

that was it :smile: it was fine.
Apparently there's another batch of interviews yet so I won't here until the end of next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I had my interview yday too! thanks for tips!

Anyway....I think i answered all questions well and she seemed happy but i was 15mins late coz of train delays :frown: :frown: :frown: BUT manager was super sweet and understanding and she said she really liked how i intercted with customers. At the end i apologised again and she also said that she hopes to speak to me again! hope i get the job and same to u guys who had interview too!

theres also another batch of interviews at my branch too and she said ill know by wednesday latest! scaryy..=/
Omg my interviews on wednesday! SO SCARED! were you nervous?? wat did you weaaar? and does it have to be really formal?
Omg my interviews on wednesday! SO SCARED! were you nervous?? wat did you weaaar? and does it have to be really formal?

Yeah I was really nervous. I always get nervous beforehand but once I'm in the interview I'm ok lol. I wore black trousers and a smart white blouse. You have to wear smart attire because you'll be on the shop floor :smile:
Mine wasn't that formal really, typical interview questions but she was really nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
im just nervous in case i start stuttering and talking jibberish! do you think you got the job??
im just nervous in case i start stuttering and talking jibberish! do you think you got the job??

I honestly don't know, lol I hope so. It doesn't matter if you start stuttering, everyone gets nervous so they'll understand :smile: you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hopefullyyy you do! i am the most impatient person ever so dont know how i'll be able to wait for them to get back to me! do we need to know about the boots advantage card and everything?
Reply 16
hopefullyyy you do! i am the most impatient person ever so dont know how i'll be able to wait for them to get back to me! do we need to know about the boots advantage card and everything?

they didnt ask me about advntge card but i mentioned it..i think it looks good if u mention it. i was nervous beforehand but once i got in i was completely ok! im sure same will happen to u and it wasnt that formal as lady was super sweet and friendly...be urself, thats how i was with customers and i was pleasently suprised when she said she really liked how i interacted with customers so that boosted my confidence! ull be fine :smile: go over main questions and in interview it'll come naturally
Original post by saba101
they didnt ask me about advntge card but i mentioned it..i think it looks good if u mention it. i was nervous beforehand but once i got in i was completely ok! im sure same will happen to u and it wasnt that formal as lady was super sweet and friendly...be urself, thats how i was with customers and i was pleasently suprised when she said she really liked how i interacted with customers so that boosted my confidence! ull be fine :smile: go over main questions and in interview it'll come naturally

Have you heard back from them yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest