Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You just graduated? Keep it to yourself 'cause I don't care. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not talking about TSR. I mean friends and ex school peers and even uni friends boasting about their 2:1s in some mickey mouse degree as though they have won a Nobel prize for some great discovery.

I graduate 2 years after most of my sixth form friends that'll be next year for me and I'm a little jealous that they will be starting their official adult life earlier than me. I know it'll be worth it in the end but honestly people need to realise that not everyone is graduating and maybe not everyone got the grades they wanted to achieve.

A 2:1 is not a great anything. Sorry but I will judge you if you rub it in my face.

Of course I had to be a sport and send congratulatory messages to friends etc but tbh I couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    Well universities don't just hand out first class degrees to anyone. Do you know how difficult it is to get a first class degree in a course like nursing or mathematics? Even for "mickey mouse" degrees, getting a first class degree is usually ridiculously difficult. So to get a 2:1 degree is pretty good since its only a level down from a first class degree...
    Anyway most people with "mickey mouse" degrees usually struggle finding jobs because there is no demand for the career they are aspiring for and they end up being the type of graduates who feel they are too good to be employed in certain jobs, thus end up on the benefits scheme!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.