Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by aasmirza
I'm waiting to hear back from notts for IR when did you send off your application/receive your offer?

i applied on november 1. heard back day before
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by katie780
It's only one grade lower in one subject, I'm predicted AAA anyway. Unis can generally take more students than they could 10 years ago I believe.

Nottingham was once seen as the equivalent of Bristol or Warwick. Not anymore, thanks to massive expansion. The uni was so popular and competitive in the 90s it might even have rivalled Oxbridge had they kept it up.
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Nottingham was once seen as the equivalent of Bristol or Warwick. Not anymore, thanks to massive expansion. The uni was so popular and competitive in the 90s it might even have rivalled Oxbridge had they kept it up.

Warwick have also given me an AAB offer.
Warwick have also given me an AAB offer.

Where is your heart set on?
Reply 484
Going to apply for Computer Science (G400) at Nottingham as a "safe" option. I got 3 A*s and 7 A's at GCSE and predicted 37 points in IB. Who else is applying for computer science?
Original post by Akbar1
Going to apply for Computer Science (G400) at Nottingham as a "safe" option. I got 3 A*s and 7 A's at GCSE and predicted 37 points in IB. Who else is applying for computer science?

Me but comp sci with management

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for vet med with grades of 3 As. No word back yet, suspense is killing me :frown:
Where is your heart set on?

I'm stuck between the two really - Notts is closer to home but Warwick is a beautiful place.
I'm stuck between the two really - Notts is closer to home but Warwick is a beautiful place.

I went to Notts a few years back. It is a beautiful main campus, especially in summer. Have you visited it? Students seemed very much work hard play harder in their approach. A lot of party goers, not really what I was expecting when I started. I heard that Warwick students are a bit less hard on the partying side, but no personal experience.
(edited 9 years ago)
I went to Notts a few years back. It is a beautiful main campus, especially in summer. Have you visited it? Students seemed very much work hard play harder in their approach. A lot of party goers, not really what I was expecting when I started. I heard that Warwick students are a bit less hard on the partying side, but no personal experience.

I haven't actually been to an open day no, I plan to go next year as early as possible. Would you recommend Notts as a whole?
I haven't actually been to an open day no, I plan to go next year as early as possible. Would you recommend Notts as a whole?

It really depends what you are looking for. What course are you studying? How would you describe your personality?
It really depends what you are looking for. What course are you studying? How would you describe your personality?

I'm studying Psychology. I'm not sure how to describe myself but I'm quite easy going and get on with most people, but I am looking for somewhere where my degree is the most important thing and I'll come out with a good classification at the end
I'm studying Psychology. I'm not sure how to describe myself but I'm quite easy going and get on with most people, but I am looking for somewhere where my degree is the most important thing and I'll come out with a good classification at the end

It is a hard one to call. Nottingham has a great reputation with employers, as does Warwick (both are often in the top 3 for most targeted unis by graduate employers). For your subject, I know Notts is really good, and the Psychology building is nice and modern, and on main campus. The campuses do reek of a really quality university, very green and spacious, nice facilities. No eye sores.

Your average Notts student I found was high energy, outgoing, party going type of student. A lot of good looking students too (getting off topic there).

I think you really need to visit the campus and ideally look at some of the halls of residence (they are quite nice in architecture) to see if this is what you want. I would imagine the campus at Notts would impress you far more than that of Warwick overall.

Overall, Warwick is a solid top 10 uni, Nottingham is a solid top 15 uni.
(edited 9 years ago)

You don't have to visit only on an open day. You could drop in any time as a visitor if you are quite local. At least then you won't be told things they want you to hear, and you will see things differently.
Just firmed Nottingham!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is a hard one to call. Nottingham has a great reputation with employers, as does Warwick (both are often in the top 3 for most targeted unis by graduate employers). For your subject, I know Notts is really good, and the Psychology building is nice and modern, and on main campus. The campuses do reek of a really quality university, very green and spacious, nice facilities. No eye sores.

Your average Notts student I found was high energy, outgoing, party going type of student. A lot of good looking students too (getting off topic there).

I think you really need to visit the campus and ideally look at some of the halls of residence (they are quite nice in architecture) to see if this is what you want. I would imagine the campus at Notts would impress you far more than that of Warwick overall.

Overall, Warwick is a solid top 10 uni, Nottingham is a solid top 15 uni.

Thank you for your opinion - really helps :smile:
Thank you for your opinion - really helps :smile:

The irony is I work next to Warwick university, and live next to Birmingham uni, and I studied at Nottingham. So I have quite a lot of insight on what these places are like.
The irony is I work next to Warwick university, and live next to Birmingham uni, and I studied at Nottingham. So I have quite a lot of insight on what these places are like.

Yeah, it must be helpful :smile: I just don't want to regret where I end up choosing to go.
Yeah, it must be helpful :smile: I just don't want to regret where I end up choosing to go.

My advice is if you are energetic, outgoing and sporty, and want an all round experience from a top tier uni, choose Notts. If you feel you are a bit more reserved and academic in nature, choose Warwick. You can't go wrong with either. Notts definitely has a much nicer campus.
My advice is if you are energetic, outgoing and sporty, and want an all round experience from a top tier uni, choose Notts. If you feel you are a bit more reserved and academic in nature, choose Warwick. You can't go wrong with either. Notts definitely has a much nicer campus.

Thanks for all your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending