The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akbar1
From what I have heard, Nottingham sounds like a great place to study. Personally got a conditional offer for Computer Science myself.

The only thing that is really putting me off from choosing Nottingham as a firm/insurance choice is the Computer Science department is not located on the main campus, but on a separate campus.

Surely, a 10-15 minute walk isn't enough to put you off? If it is, that is some severe laziness right there :tongue:

Plus, there's a free hopper bus between campuses - not much of an issue really.

I've got an offer for CS as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Princepieman
Surely, a 10-15 minute walk isn't enough to put you off? If it is, that is some severe laziness right there :tongue:

Plus, there's a free hopper bus between campuses - not much of an issue really.

I've got an offer for CS as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats for yr offer:congrats:
Not all the CS guys are sporty:wink:
Reply 902
hi, anyone got an offer for business and geography??
Does anyone know how to get to the University Park campus from the Train station? What bus do I get? Thanks in advance if I get a reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 904
Anyone know how to sort out an applicant day ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akbar1
From what I have heard, Nottingham sounds like a great place to study. Personally got a conditional offer for Computer Science myself.

The only thing that is really putting me off from choosing Nottingham as a firm/insurance choice is the Computer Science department is not located on the main campus, but on a separate campus.

The Jubilee Campus is amazing, and only a 10min hopper bus journey away from main campus. The new developments at Nottingham are unbelievable, students are so lucky if they get the grades to study there. See below.

http://nottingham.ac.uk/estates/development/recentdevelopments.aspx

http://nottingham.ac.uk/estates/development/currentdevelopments.aspx
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
The Jubilee Campus is amazing, and only a 10min hopper bus journey away from main campus. The new developments at Nottingham are unbelievable, students are so lucky if they get the grades to study there. See below.

http://nottingham.ac.uk/estates/development/recentdevelopments.aspx

http://nottingham.ac.uk/estates/development/currentdevelopments.aspx

The David Ross Sports Village has been postponed unfortunately.
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys, should I insure Manchester or Nottingham for Business Management?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Exceptional
The David Ross Sports Village has been postponed unfortunately.

Over 3 trees I believe, but they could get that sorted by replanting them elsewhere.
History & politics offer was recieved today at 17:00 :smile:
Original post by shouldBstudying
History & politics offer was recieved today at 17:00 :smile:

Congrats:congrats:
Original post by Akbar1

Hey, Jubilee Campus is way more modern than main campus! It's just amazingly beautiful. And you have a free hopper bus that runs every 15mins and takes you to the main campus so you don't even have to walk! But the walk takes around 10mins anyway and is a nice way to pretend you are actually doing sports :P
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Does anyone know how to get to the University Park campus from the Train station? What bus do I get? Thanks in advance if I get a reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure if the NET tram will be up and running by Sept 2015. However, the Phase 2 line is running from Station Street past the train station and directly to the University Park Campus. This probably isn't any use to you, just thought I'd mention it. Here's the travel info on UoN website.

I live in Nottingham and hopefully will be attending this University in 2016.

NB: Look at the "Buses from Nottingham Train Station" section.
Original post by Amy. J S
I'm not sure if the NET tram will be up and running by Sept 2015. However, the Phase 2 line is running from Station Street past the train station and directly to the University Park Campus. This probably isn't any use to you, just thought I'd mention it. Here's the travel info on UoN website.

I live in Nottingham and hopefully will be attending this University in 2016.

NB: Look at the "Buses from Nottingham Train Station" section.

Isn't the NET open to University,yet?:confused:
What are you intending to study at UoN?
Good luck:smile:
Original post by trubadur

Only up until Station St. It passes Nottingham Trent, but not UoN... yet. It's going down the road that passes University Park Campus. They're currently testing parts of the completed track, but the date is unknown yet- or at least unpublished.
Sociology and Social Policy. It's still a year and a couple of months away yet. But it's exciting as it has taken me some time to realise this is a route I want to pursue. :smartass:
How about you?
Original post by Amy. J S
Only up until Station St. It passes Nottingham Trent, but not UoN... yet. It's going down the road that passes University Park Campus. They're currently testing parts of the completed track, but the date is unknown yet- or at least unpublished.
Sociology and Social Policy. It's still a year and a couple of months away yet. But it's exciting as it has taken me some time to realise this is a route I want to pursue. :smartass:
How about you?

I knew it had to be ready last month:mad:Hopefully by Sept University St will be open:smile:I visited UoN last summer at the open day(June 27th as I remember)and I was impressed by the campus and by the Chemistry Dept.
I applied for MChemistry and I already got a very good offer.
I am from Bucharest Romania.
It is great you already decided your path.Wish all your dreams come true:smile:
Which campus is the english department located at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Afghan Warrior

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can get the 34 bus which is a short walk from the train station. The stop is called Broadmarsh Collin Street C7. This goes into the university campus itself.
Original post by lam12
If I was to do self-catered, is it reasonable distance to get to the supermarkets like Tesco and shops to buy food etc? Will I be able to walk or will I have to get a bus to get my shopping. I'd be on the jubilee campus and accommodation seems a bit confusing, which would be the best in order to be close enough to the uni and shops etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Raleigh Park and SPC are extremely close to a reasonably sized Lidl and a Tesco Express. Most people tend to get food delivered from the major supermarkets. For Broadgate you are walking distance from an enormous 24 hour Tesco and a large Sainsburys.
Original post by gfg7
Anyone know how to sort out an applicant day ?

Go online and log into Portal.nottingham.ac.uk and everything should be there for you to sort out.

Original post by trubadur

Tram should be done in time for the summer.

Original post by IHTWFR
Which campus is the english department located at?

University Park, the main campus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending