The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Firmed for comp sci but no idea which halls to choose!

Catered self catered?
Near jubilee campus or is it too isolated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by chamberlains
They all sound really good places to go to! do you mind me asking what grades you got in AS? and what subjects you're taking?
I applied for all sports rehab at Nottingham, Salford, Bradford, Hull and Bolton

Haha that question is more complicated than you realise! ^_^ I finished school when I was 16 but I got lazy in the last year. And I did 8 AS subjects because I did a year of AS in Australia and then did it again in England so I wouldn't be behind. So mostly A's but I did get 2 B's :s-smilie: and I did English lit, classics, drama, history, biology, chemistry, physics, maths and then my A2s i just did the englishy ones and didnt study so my grades sucked so I did a BTEC after as I was quite young for uni and good D*D*D*. What about you?

Those are good unis too, though!
Original post by e.ducky95
Haha that question is more complicated than you realise! ^_^ I finished school when I was 16 but I got lazy in the last year. And I did 8 AS subjects because I did a year of AS in Australia and then did it again in England so I wouldn't be behind. So mostly A's but I did get 2 B's :s-smilie: and I did English lit, classics, drama, history, biology, chemistry, physics, maths and then my A2s i just did the englishy ones and didnt study so my grades sucked so I did a BTEC after as I was quite young for uni and good D*D*D*. What about you?

Those are good unis too, though!

I studied psychology biology english language and physical education but didnt get the best results so resitting all except biology which ive dropped now in A2. I got CDE and then a U in biology which i was expecting anyways so it wasnt much of a surprise. I went through a hard year with my AS but putting everything into this year to try and get the grades required for which ever uni offers me the grades.
I studied psychology biology english language and physical education but didnt get the best results so resitting all except biology which ive dropped now in A2. I got CDE and then a U in biology which i was expecting anyways so it wasnt much of a surprise. I went through a hard year with my AS but putting everything into this year to try and get the grades required for which ever uni offers me the grades.

Hey, you gotta have one crappy year sometimes. It makes you work so much harder to get what you want. Working hard will pay off, even if it sucks doing all the extra study. Believe me, I totally get it. Is it okay if I ask if you've got any offers yet?

And let me know about Nottingham when you know. I hope you get in. It's a good uni and would be nice to know someone in my course too :wink:
Hey, you gotta have one crappy year sometimes. It makes you work so much harder to get what you want. Working hard will pay off, even if it sucks doing all the extra study. Believe me, I totally get it. Is it okay if I ask if you've got any offers yet?

And let me know about Nottingham when you know. I hope you get in. It's a good uni and would be nice to know someone in my course too :wink:

Yeha i have had offers from hull and bradford (both 280 points) then salford was unconditional but not sure on it full so may only be my insurance anyways.
I started revision way back and just want to achieve better than last year for sure!
Have you had any otheroffers and what have you made your insurance?

I will let you know as soon as and hopefully we'll be on the same course :smile:
Yeha i have had offers from hull and bradford (both 280 points) then salford was unconditional but not sure on it full so may only be my insurance anyways.
I started revision way back and just want to achieve better than last year for sure!
Have you had any otheroffers and what have you made your insurance?

I will let you know as soon as and hopefully we'll be on the same course :smile:

Ahh well done! That's so good! :smile: at least you definitely have places to go! Well done for studying so early.

I did have other offers but I already have my grades so I only accepted Nottingham. Yeah, hope so!
Ahh well done! That's so good! :smile: at least you definitely have places to go! Well done for studying so early.

I did have other offers but I already have my grades so I only accepted Nottingham. Yeah, hope so!

Ahh thats really good, anyways ill let you know how i get on hopefully i'll know within the next few days :smile:
Ahh thats really good, anyways ill let you know how i get on hopefully i'll know within the next few days :smile:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Original post by RosieMarie
Haha we'll be fine! we will just have to go exploring :smile: No I've not applied for accommodation, I decided to stay and home and commute to uni :smile:.... is your accommodation sorted?

Haha yeah we will and aw that's fair enough, it'll be a lot cheaper anyway haha! :smile: and yeah I received it yesterday just got to but my deposit down for it today! :smile:
Guys,
Im confused between Nottingham and Bradford , ( Msc Civil Engineering )
Please help , anyone knows ?!!
Original post by prospect10
Guys,

Lol, Bradford..

EDIT: Notts is the obvious choice here - c'mon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else applied for accommodation the first day (2nd) and not heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyC96
Anyone else applied for accommodation the first day (2nd) and not heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! Did you apply university park catered? I haven't seen any catered offers yet, only self catered

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eantonina
Me! Did you apply university park catered? I haven't seen any catered offers yet, only self catered

Posted from TSR Mobile

No :/ St. Peter's court - self catered - big ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes same, I applied on the first day for self catered Accomodation and I have still not heard back :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Lol, Bradford..

EDIT: Notts is the obvious choice here - c'mon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If Any could help then I'm appreciated 😎
Original post by prospect10
Guys,

To be fair i was unsure about going to bradford but when i visited it i lied the university :smile: the course i applied for (sports rehab) was great and their facilities were great too. Nottingham was the same to be honest. I guess its what you like in a uni and which uni offers you the best outcome
To be fair i was unsure about going to bradford but when i visited it i lied the university :smile: the course i applied for (sports rehab) was great and their facilities were great too. Nottingham was the same to be honest. I guess its what you like in a uni and which uni offers you the best outcome

Thank you ,
So both universities sounds good in UK , what about cities ?
I didn't find any one here in MSC program ! Weird
Cities both looked great! Difference between them both, Nottingham is a lot bigger than what Bradford is university and campus wise and Nottingham have a mixture of catered and self catered rooms available. Are they both asking for the same grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which catered hall is near to law school? Any other besides Hugh steward & cripps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest