The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is anxiety a part of asperger's?

So I've been diagnosed with asperger's for a while, and I think I'm pretty high functioning (I'm fine in all but a few very specific social situations and I'm good with sarcasm).

All my life I've been a pretty anxious person, but I never mentioned this when I was diagnosed as I didn't see it as relevant. Examples include:
-sleeping with lights on most nights
-walking slowly when I'm home alone and never turning around quickly
-not looking at mirrors/windows unless it's bright outside and inside
-not answering phone calls from unknown numbers
-using the chain when opening the door, even when I can see who it is and I know them

I can't really figure out why I'm paranoid, because I've been in my house alone during a break in twice now and I didn't freak out at all either time. The first time, the police remarked on how unphased I was compared to most people.

Anyway, I'm wondering if this is anything serious or if it's just a quirk or a part of asperger's syndrome. It's only bothering me recently because my stim is spinning, and I'm not able to do that anymore because the anxiety is getting worse and I'm scared of turning around quickly because things get blurry and I end up seeing things. So, if anybody has any insight on any of this or advice on dealing with it, I'd appreciate it.
Hello there,

I don't think that anything you have listed is anything serious - it's probably just a part of Asperger's syndrome. I used to do some of things when I was younger, and I have been diagnosed with Aspergers since about the age of 4 years old.

Hope I've helped and given you some good advice. :smile:

Latest