The Student Room Group

Clearing for biosciences...

So I have chosen to apply through clearing which I know is hugely risky, but I don't like my firm choice any more, and kinda have personal reasons for not wanting to go there and have been released from both my firm and insurance...
I was wondering how likely it would be to get a decent place through clearing somewhere like Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds for a bioscience course like biochem, biomedical or genetics as that's what my PS is for and what I aim to do - My predicted grades are AAB...
Any one got any idea?
No-one can predict this is advance for any Uni/course as it depends on a) how many people at that Unis don't fulfill their offers/get rejected and b) if the Uni bothers to put that course into Clearing or just offers any spare places to either 'near misses' or Adjustment applicants. Relying on Clearing is a very risky strategy, especially if you are aiming at an RG Uni - you could end up with nothing.

A much better plan would be to drop your entire application now and reapply in October for the Unis/courses you do want - that way you will be applying with known results and be able to target your application for exactly the course you want, no compromises. And you'll get a quick answer - no waiting for Results Day.
Original post by jessrscott95
So I have chosen to apply through clearing which I know is hugely risky, but I don't like my firm choice any more, and kinda have personal reasons for not wanting to go there and have been released from both my firm and insurance...
I was wondering how likely it would be to get a decent place through clearing somewhere like Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds for a bioscience course like biochem, biomedical or genetics as that's what my PS is for and what I aim to do - My predicted grades are AAB...
Any one got any idea?

Hey I've just moved this to the applications and UCAS section :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one got any idea?

Have a look here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2735139 but also consider starting over and reapplying for 2015 rather than hastily accepting a course through clearing.
Original post by ageshallnot
Have a look here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2735139 but also consider starting over and reapplying for 2015 rather than hastily accepting a course through clearing.

Hey, it won't lemme look at that link...
Original post by returnmigrant
No-one can predict this is advance for any Uni/course as it depends on a) how many people at that Unis don't fulfill their offers/get rejected and b) if the Uni bothers to put that course into Clearing or just offers any spare places to either 'near misses' or Adjustment applicants. Relying on Clearing is a very risky strategy, especially if you are aiming at an RG Uni - you could end up with nothing.

A much better plan would be to drop your entire application now and reapply in October for the Unis/courses you do want - that way you will be applying with known results and be able to target your application for exactly the course you want, no compromises. And you'll get a quick answer - no waiting for Results Day.

I'm gonna try to get a decent course through clearing but if I can't then I will reapply for next year but I reaaalllyy wanna go to uni this year so that sucks but I guess I will probably have to :/
Hey, it won't lemme look at that link...

It had to be removed for copyright reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending