Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are people sad to see Michael Gove go? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Majority of TSR are happy that he is gone, and being at the level of where his changes/proposed changes are being affected by I can totally empathise.

Disregarding the next education secretary and any changes that she may make.

Making the exams harder was maybe a good idea in relation to the competition in other countries, but I don't like how he got rid of January exams, and how those changes were not proposed ahead of time,i.e. 2 years before so students could prepare in advance for it.

This I suspect/expect would disadvanteage students with extenuating circumstances at the time of exams, and now they want to expand that to 2 years. Exams of the 2nd year=Waste of 1st year.

I for one, would most likely forget all the content from the first year, I learned simply because I would do more subjects and more content based subjects, i.e. sciences.

The thing that really annoys me is that minority of people are like, I am sad he is gone - his changes to revamp the system were great etc.

(Original post by StupidPersonWhoIWontName)
    He tried to bring significant changes to our education
    Oh tell me more of these changes you experienced. And the funny thing is these people aren't even doing GCSE/A Level etc. *******

Damien kind of confused... :?

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not people actually like him and agree with his changes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Cool story bro, needs more dragons.
    cba to argue and witty comment to yours truly. +7 rep with < 1000 posts g ******* g.

(Original post by MidnightDream)
    Do you like him?

ReputationRep:
    Gove don't go :cry2:

the blob will re-emerge more powerful than before and will return education to the bad old days of Everyone Must Have Prizes...and Baa Baa Green Sheep
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    cba to argue and witty comment to yours truly. +7 rep with < 1000 posts g ******* g.

Do you like him?
    Half of your post makes sense, the other half devolved into insanity.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Some of us are sad to see Gove go because he was the first Education Sec in decades to actually give a dam about giving children the most challenging education possible rather than churning out C grades whether people had learnt anything or not. Education is not supposed to be easy, if he creates a curriculum that challenges you then he's doing his job.

A prime example of why I supported Gove is when he upped the C boundary to arrest grade inflation. Now at the time people complained on here because they had aimed for a certain mark, to which I want to know why they weren't pushing themselves 100%.

Sure he's not perfect, I support modular examinations for example. But he genuinely tried to make our system more challenging and that's a good thing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got C grades without revising one bit.

ReputationRep:
    We're British and we love to complain. 'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    As amazing as this may seem, and just in case this is the first time you've ever heard this, not everybody thinks the same way you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    As amazing as this may seem, and just in case this is the first time you've ever heard this, not everybody thinks the same way you do.
    Are you always such a condescending person?

ReputationRep:
    Are you always such a condescending person?
    When called for, yes.

And you made it painfully easy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sad that he's gone but I am disappointed in who was chosen as his successor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    When called for, yes.

And you made it painfully easy.
    That seems vaguely dirty but okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    I'm not sad that he's gone but I am disappointed in who was chosen as his successor.
    A woman :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    *** at me feminists, I said *** o.O.

ReputationRep:
    but the changes he made , will still be put into affect right ? because surely the exam bordes have prepared
    the content for the 2015 examinations for A-level , so do you think it is possible for the new secretary of education to reverse these changes ? i hope so
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hes gone?!! Yes finally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After I finish a levels...

ReputationRep:
    All the teachers are at least, I am yet to meet one who actually agreed with his changes. My friends all hate him for axing the A Level January exams.

ReputationRep:

Do you like him?
    Oh God no but others do and I'm not one to judge

ReputationRep:
    So called teaching professionals are happy to see Mr Gove go because whilst they dont mind the white heat of competition lapping at the heels of their local plumber, they think that they are above all that and hope to preserve the status quo of simply being beyond reproach and question by virtue of being a self styled "professional"..meh..

No one is above it,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    If he had not been such a rude person maybe he could have had more supporters. It does become more difficult to choose the worst Government minister now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.