Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hair becoming extremely difficult to manage...? Watch

I used Pantene conditioner and it dried out my hair and it made my hair itchy and dry. I stopped using it last Thursday, but my hair is continuously dry and itchy; I can see my scalp when towling it dry. I only use shampoo twice a week, but wash it water twice a day.. The shampoo bottle is three months old

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try using shampoo and conditioner for dried hair, that can help a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Hello I used to have really dry hair that crunched thanks to using the wrong products on it for months. But there are some simple steps that you can do to rejuvenate it. Try to find a moisturising shampoo and conditioner, and a bit of leave in conditioner. Where conditioner is concerned, find one without silicones, as silicone conditioners damage hair over time. Also, it might be worth investing in or making your own natural hair mask to boost the moisture levels. I adore H'Suan Wen Hua from LUSH, which has got things like eggs, olive oil, avocado and vinegar in it, all of which are really good for your hair. Alternatively, you could beat up an egg or two depending on how much hair you have, and apply it to damp hair after shampooing, leave on for 10-15 minutes, rinse out (conditioning afterwards is optional). Don't be too rough with the towel when drying, either. Gently pat it until damp and leave it to air dry.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemicalBond)
    Hello I used to have really dry hair that crunched thanks to using the wrong products on it for months. But there are some simple steps that you can do to rejuvenate it. Try to find a moisturising shampoo and conditioner, and a bit of leave in conditioner. Where conditioner is concerned, find one without silicones, as silicone conditioners damage hair over time. Also, it might be worth investing in or making your own natural hair mask to boost the moisture levels. I adore H'Suan Wen Hua from LUSH, which has got things like eggs, olive oil, avocado and vinegar in it, all of which are really good for your hair. Alternatively, you could beat up an egg or two depending on how much hair you have, and apply it to damp hair after shampooing, leave on for 10-15 minutes, rinse out (conditioning afterwards is optional). Don't be too rough with the towel when drying, either. Gently pat it until damp and leave it to air dry.

Good luck!
    ^^^ really good suggestions, I've heard a lot of good things about Hsuan Wen Hua

Also, I would suggest putting thig such as coconut oil (or other types of oil) into your hair for a couple of hours then washing it off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you used your conditioner at your scalp? Due to that also your scalp might get itchy because conditioner might be used at hair extend.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.