Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Portrayal of characters in TV storylines Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Okay this is a slightly unusual post but I need a little bit of help. For our A2 media studies coursework, we have to create our own investigation and I was thinking of doing mine on the way main characters are portrayed in drama / soap storylines. I was planning on using Donna's cancer in 'Emmerdale' as my primary text because it is very recent and there is currently a lot on it and also the five main characters involved are all taking it very differently. I don't know yet how many secondary texts I need to have but I reckon about four or five so I was going to use either Tina's rape in 'Casualty' or possibly the one with Gina and the brothers they did earlier in the year. Would people please be able to suggest storylines that I could look at (preferably watch) that are tackling different topics to the ones I have already? Ideally they should date back no further than the early - mid-nineties and there needs to be a fair bit of media coverage on them.

I know this is a big ask but any help at all would be fantastic - thank you so much in advance!

Rebecca x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.