Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright, so I am taking a GCSE in ICT and this year we have completed 2 pieces coursework. In one of them, we created a spreadsheet solution in Excel that will help the owner of a dog kennel log his customers details. To show our products working, we had to put some sample data in. Being the edgy fourteen year old that I am, I decided to put stupid names and addresses in and am now really worried about the repercussions of this, some examples below.

Kim Ching Chong, from the town Ding Dong, postcode N00D L35
    Cockbush Lane, Whiskey **** Mountain, US

You get the idea. I put a few average names in (Tim Cook) etc but my point is I'm worried if the examiner will turn it down/disqualify me. Having said that, there is a high chance my work won't get sent into moderation, and even if it does this is the only piece that has stupid work on it. Although I realise this was complete idiotic, and I'd never do it again, I didn't cheat or come in late or bring a phone into the exam, etc . Do you think I'll be ok? I spoken to the teacher and he said that there were a few others that have done the same. I'm happy with the grade he has given me on the work but fear I could be disqualified. Your thoughts? Thanks 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    You're very unlikely to have it disqualified, but it was an incredibly reckless thing to do nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Year 11, I did AQA but the tasks are similar. I also, being the not so smart 14 year old used stupid names. You won't get disqualified, my teacher was not impressed but you've done nothing wrong. As long as you followed all the rules (and when you cheated you didn't make it obvious) you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabire3)
    Just finished Year 11, I did AQA but the tasks are similar. I also, being the not so smart 14 year old used stupid names. You won't get disqualified, my teacher was not impressed but you've done nothing wrong. As long as you followed all the rules (and when you cheated you didn't make it obvious) you'll be fine
    Really? Aw thanks man I feel so much better now did yours get selected for moderation btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialthrowaway)
    Really? Aw thanks man I feel so much better now did yours get selected for moderation btw?
    Yes, I was given 119/120 UMS so it was inevitable lol

ReputationRep:
    Damn, well done mate that's awesome! My teacher marked mine as a B, but most people in my class got around that or under so I'm not sure if it'll get picked or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn, well done mate that's awesome! My teacher marked mine as a B, but most people in my class got around that or under so I'm not sure if it'll get picked or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The highest and lowest are always picked, the rest is random

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished year 13 and i've learnt that GCSEs are simply a stepping stone for A-levels.

Most sixth forms (and unis) will accept 5 GCSEs. This means you can afford to fail half.

Maths and English are the most important then the subjects you're doing for A-level.

If you're not studying ICT next year failing the subject will not put you at a disadvantage.

You won't have failed anyway mate, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    The highest and lowest are always picked, the rest is random
    Forgot to mention, how many are sent for moderation? There's about 70 people in my year taking the course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention, how many are sent for moderation? There's about 70 people in my year taking the course

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It really depends. My year had about 60 doing the course and around 15-20 got selected.

This is AQA, dunno about OCR, did no exams on their board. If you're lucky, your teacher will have marked harshly, you could get bumped up a few

ReputationRep:
    It really depends. My year had about 60 doing the course and around 15-20 got selected.

This is AQA, dunno about OCR, did no exams on their board. If you're lucky, your teacher will have marked harshly, you could get bumped up a few
    Bloody hell that was a quick reply, I just want to know I didn't get disqualified

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.