Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mobile has never connected to internet without wifi Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a pretty old samsung ace 2 (I think) and it's coming close to the end of my contract.
    One thing that always seemed to pass my mind was the fact that I could never use the internet unless connected to a wifi. It angered me that I couldn't use it if there was none available, but I soon got over it.

Recently though I've started wondering about why that might be. My contract has an allowance of 500mb of data, and I assumed the phone was 3g cooperative of whatever. One time EE even phoned to say that I had been using too much data, and to make life easier I should update the contract to allow for more data usage. What? I'm so confused, I thought that data was only used when there was no wifi available. And I've never been on the internet without it the past 2 years.

Really I have no idea when it comes to mobiles, or internet, or contracts. But I was wondering if there was something wrong with my phone and I should have had internet, or if my phone is too crap to do normal phone stuff and data is needed for wifi connection.

(on top of that, this **** piece now won't show me any texts, it says I have one, but it disappears every time I try to read it. Don't know whether to be angry at samsung, EE, or myself)

If my rambling doesn't make sense feel free to ask me questions about it, hopefully I can answer you
    Thanks, x

ReputationRep:
    It may be due to you previously choosing 'Wifi-only' option when prompted about how to connect to the web.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.