Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine living abroad is doing an iGCSE in Maths, I understand that this is an international GCSE designed for students who (perhaps) did not speak English as their first language. They are struggling in preparing for their exams for this and I would like to help them as much as i can, I live in the UK and took GCSE Mathematics (Higher Tier.)
    How do iGCSEs compare with GCSEs in difficulty and also in range of topics?

ReputationRep:
    No iGCSE is for anyone.

iGCSE's are harder but worth the same.

Tell them to watch Exam Solutions. I did not do this for GCSE, what I did was revise the level A* topics, bounds,vectors,circle theorems,graph stretches.

ANd not ****** circle theorem questions came up.

I do iGCSE everything apart from Maths,stats,eng lit,eng lang lol.

Are they taking the exam in November?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    No iGCSE is for anyone.

iGCSE's are harder but worth the same.

Tell them to watch Exam Solutions. I did not do this for GCSE, what I did was revise the level A* topics, bounds,vectors,circle theorems,graph stretches.

ANd not ****** circle theorem questions came up.

I do iGCSE everything apart from Maths,stats,eng lit,eng lang lol.

Are they taking the exam in November?
    Yes, they are taking the exam in November

ReputationRep:
    There is a bit of extra maths content in the IGCSE but there is a huge overlap between what you have learned and what they need to be able to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    There is a bit of extra maths content in the IGCSE but there is a huge overlap between what you have learned and what they need to be able to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard that the pass rate for iGCSE Maths is much higher than that for GCSE Maths, is this true?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.