Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to email my postgraduate director before the course starts about a disability. Watch

ReputationRep:
    As many forum members here know that I am about to start a master’s course this September in management. But I already have the unpleasant omen that my Aspergers/ADHD will fatally mar this opportunity.
    On my undergraduate degree I was belatedly diagnosed and they did everything to support me , but for some reason it just made it worse.
    I have no idea what to say to him. Would it be ok to ask him to send over lecture slides beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    You will need to approach your uni's Student Support office and make arrangements via them. Programme Leaders aren't responsible for sorting this type of issue out.

It helps to go via Student Support, as this lends more weight to your specific needs and they can 'encourage' staff to cooperate. Unsupported requests from individual students can sometimes not be treated seriously.

Plus you don't want to get yourself a reputation as a problem student before you even get there.

If it helps, I found that Masters study was far less lecture-based than undergrad, so you may not have a problem in that direction. Masters study for me was more about guided/targeted independent study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    You will need to approach your uni's Student Support office and make arrangements via them. Programme Leaders aren't responsible for sorting this type of issue out.

It helps to go via Student Support, as this lends more weight to your specific needs and they can 'encourage' staff to cooperate. Unsupported requests from individual students can sometimes not be treated seriously.

Plus you don't want to get yourself a reputation as a problem student before you even get there.

If it helps, I found that Masters study was far less lecture-based than undergrad, so you may not have a problem in that direction. Masters study for me was more about guided/targeted independent study.
    What did do your masters in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.