the4thmonth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm going to study English Lit at A2 - For coursework you have to compare two books of your choice. I just wanted to ask for recommendations on any books in these genres
-Mystery
-Romance
-Adventure
-Action

Thank you
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by the4thmonth)
I'm going to study English Lit at A2 - For coursework you have to compare two books of your choice. I just wanted to ask for recommendations on any books in these genres
-Mystery
-Romance
-Adventure
-Action

Thank you
Just moving this to the English section for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by the4thmonth)
-Mystery
-Romance
-Adventure
-Action

Thank you
So obviously, you want to make a thematic link to your novels (I presume you mean novels as you said books).

I'm not going to give you a huge list, because I'm not going to do your research for you. Yes it's summer, but let's not turn lazy!

Mystery: there's loads, however I'm not into mystery books. You could pick a few from Doyle.
Romance: it's a long list. You should change Romance to Love instead. Then narrow it down for example: maternal love, familial love, homosexual love, marriage love, forbidden love, etc.
Adventure: The Catcher in the Rye, Huckleberry Finn, My Bondage and My Freedom, Treasure Island, The Sea Wolf, The Beach.
Action: I think this is the same as adventure?
Anna.Karenina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you doing LITB4?

Make sure you pick novels that have very similar thematics, but interpret them in very different ways. I got full marks in all four pieces of coursework for both AS and A2, and a large portion of this attainment was down to picking the right novels to discuss.

Mystery: The Woman in Black, Pere Goriot, The Fountainhead
Romance: Madame Bovary, Jane Eyre, Anna Karenina, The Idiot, Pride and Prejudice, Mrs Dalloway
Adventure: She, Frankenstein, The Heart of Darkness, Treasure Island
Action: Not really sure...and perhaps a difficult genre to compare within.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
14.86%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.63%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (27)
12.16%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (19)
8.56%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.41%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.03%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.35%

Watched Threads