Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

acne on girls Watch

Announcements

I have had acne since I was 13, (24 now). I have never felt pretty with it. I have a bf who thinks im hot I now get odd few spots sometimes more.. still I walk around and hardly see any girl with acne.. and not its not because they are wearing makeup as you can tel the difference between light makeup with no acne vs acne hidden by heavy makeup

so girls.. how do you feel with acne.
    boys do you find acne on girls not great. do you think the girl must be poorly kept, unhealthy and greasy? do you find it repulsive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have had acne since I was 13, (24 now). I have never felt pretty with it. I have a bf who thinks im hot I now get odd few spots sometimes more.. still I walk around and hardly see any girl with acne.. and not its not because they are wearing makeup as you can tel the difference between light makeup with no acne vs acne hidden by heavy makeup

so girls.. how do you feel with acne.
    boys do you find acne on girls not great. do you think the girl must be poorly kept, unhealthy and greasy? do you find it repulsive...
    Nonononono, I know people (myself included) that have tried every possible way to get rid of acne being as clean as possible, but doesn't work. I don't relate acne to being unhealthy in the slightest

as a girl mine is hormonal but basically the pill vs antibiotics vs topicals.. all the devil.. mess up your body totally! still you got to walk out each day with spots and pretend your not bothered by your skin when you secretly are..

I suffered with it terribly in my teens - tried everything until I ended up seeing a dermatologist and getting Roaccutane. After that it was over with until this year - it suddenly came back 6 years after being 'cured'. So I'm on tetracycline now. Hopefully that'll sort it.

Having clear skin is something that most people take for granted - and I found that in the last couple of years I did too and now I remember how awful it was as a teenager. It's not nice having it as an adult because I feel especially self conscious about it since most people are over with it after their teens. But at least this time around I know full well that it doesn't mean I'm ugly and I can actually look people in the eye and it's no where near as bad as it once was - this is just a few spots here and there, not a face full of cystic acne.

When I see teens with it I really feel for them - it really can affect their confidence long term. It's not to do with cleanliness - it's more complicated than that, so I would never judge anyone I saw with spots/acne - I just empathize so much with them.

ReputationRep:
    As above - I also saw a dermatologist and was put on Roaccutane but this was back around 10 years ago.

It completely cleared up my spots but it did leave me with a less than 100% complexion. I've had no spots but I don't have perfect skin, you can see my pores/faint scars etc if you look closely

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.