The Student Room Group

Raf pgsc

Got my pgsc on the 1st of September....Looking for someone to maybe do a bit of running with or some different training

I'm from Kent
Herne bay.

Anyone else on thks course date?
Reply 1
Sorry mate, a bit far for me, although I'd love a running partner.
Plus I'll never be able to catch up with you! You Rocks need to run so fast (min 10.30 a 1.5 mile) and be so fit!
Good luck though.
Reply 2
Is pretty quick lol my 1.5mile time is 9.04 so far would love to get it down lower though
Reply 3
Original post by craigp4294
Is pretty quick lol my 1.5mile time is 9.04 so far would love to get it down lower though

That's not too bad, but they'll expect faster, as 10.30 is just to get in. It is possible, nothing hard training can't help with.
Aim for 8.30, it's doable. And go not just treadmill (which is great for interval training), but outside, varied terrain, ankle weights.
Reply 4
Yeah I've been doing 5k's with hill sprints n that has improved my time alot.
Yeah but remember running isn't everything. I know a few lads on their pre joining fitness tests that ran 1.5 mile sub 9 minute but couldn't do the press ups + sit ups. Make sure you are all round fit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Well I go gym 5 days a week with 2 kickboxing sessions added in aswell lol
Reply 7
I've just done the PGSC and it's not easy, 9min for a 1 and a half miles is fine, just train wide grip pull ups, press ups and sit ups. The skirmish is horrific, the assault course is quality but you will struggle if you cant pull your own body weight up, the MSFT is easy to pass but you want to smash it and the tests you do are real easy.
Reply 8
Whats the best tip you can give for when I go pgsc.. What's the swimming like??
Whats the best tip you can give for when I go pgsc.. What's the swimming like??

Don't ring the bell.
Reply 10
There's no way that'll happen. I wouldn't ever let myself live it Down
Reply 11
Pgsc has been move forward to the 4th of August so any help for the interview side and test side of the selection course would be much appreciated :smile:
There's no way that'll happen. I wouldn't ever let myself live it Down

How did you get on with the PGSC? I have mine tomorrow, any heads up on questions that will be asked during the final interview would be great?
Reply 13
I've got my PGSC on the 6th august but my best time for the 1.5 mile is 12:40 - expected tiem to pass for my age is 11:36, any tips on how to get up to speed quick?

Quick Reply

Latest