Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be a postgrad at the University in September and have lined up some house viewings to go to tomorrow.

Most of the people I've spoken to suggest that Beeston is an area that is more suited to postgrads than Lenton or Dunkirk, so the majority of places I'm looking at are in Beeston.

However when comparing like for like, the house shares that I'm seeing in Lenton/Dunkirk seem much better value for money, more likely to have double rooms and other such extras at the same price as the ones in Beeston.

Obviously these are based purely off the photos on websites and I'll have a better idea when I see them tomorrow, however I would be interested in hearing the opinions of current students. Is Lenton much of a noisier/lively place to live? I did my undergrad in Sheffield and if anyone knows the area there's a long road called Ecclesall Road which is one of the main student areas, alongside Crooks etc and I would probably advise a postgrad student not to live there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.