The Student Room Group

Waiting on God

I'm 18, female . Never dated . And never been in a relationship. By the grace of God have been able to save myself from such heartbreak and hardship that being in a relationship as a teenager often brings. I have learned more about myself and grown tremendously in my life pursuits and my pursuit for God. I'm also an only child. My mother left a horrible martial relationship with my dad more than 15 years ago so I have never lived with a guy. Not ever - boys somewhat seemed like a foreign species to me for a long time . Until relatively recently when my aunty gave birth to a beautiful son. I was 16 at the time , so I feel a sort of motherly bond to him. I would go to a local store and have people stare at me as if I was the mother- the amount of dirty and puzzled looks I would get when people saw: 'a young girl with a pram' . It was mad and hugely demeaning . Those few experiences has brought me to a true respect for young mothers. Who have previously made a decision that has affected their entire life. I could not think of putting myself in a vulnerable place to have an intimate relationship. But for more than 40,000 girls every year in England alone, it is a daily reality that they have to deal with. Lets just put it out there, the chances of someone not looking to have a relationship conceiving is far less than a teenager in a relationship. And the temptations for a sexually orientated partnership are extremely high. Peer pressure is a phrase that I absolutely detest using because of its frequency among all things teen-related. But it does present itself so evidently in a relationship. I'm not looking for marriage in the next 5 years time so I don't believe having a boyfriend right now is worth the hassle. Its like buying an A-LEVEL microbiology text book on the first day of pre-school reception (not saying you wont need it soon enough, but whats the point?)
I am waiting on God for the time He tells me to look because 'the-one' is standing in front of me. And till that moment comes, I'll wait.
(edited 9 years ago)
OK...good for you? :s-smilie:
Sooo...what was the point of this thread?
Also, I wouldn't be waiting on God to talk to you. He's been pretty silent on most earthly matters for the past, oh, 2000 years or so.
Original post by Harvey Dent
Also, I wouldn't be waiting on God to talk to you. He's been pretty silent on most earthly matters for the past, oh, 2000 years or so.

I wouldn't say that if I were you. More than 2 billion people in the world have decided to follow that God she is talking about- I doubt He would have so many followers if He was silent .
As a matter of fact ... I spoke to Him this morning.:smile:
I think you need professional help.
Original post by china252
I'm 18, female . Never dated . And never been in a relationship. By the grace of God have been able to save myself from such heartbreak and hardship that being in a relationship as a teenager often brings. I have learned more about myself and grown tremendously in my life pursuits and my pursuit for God. I'm also an only child. My mother left a horrible martial relationship with my dad more than 15 years ago so I have never lived with a guy. Not ever - boys somewhat seemed like a foreign species to me for a long time . Until relatively recently when my aunty gave birth to a beautiful son. I was 16 at the time , so I feel a sort of motherly bond to him. I would go to a local store and have people stare at me as if I was the mother- the amount of dirty and puzzled looks I would get when people saw: 'a young girl with a pram' . It was mad and hugely demeaning . Those few experiences has brought me to a true respect for young mothers. Who have previously made a decision that has affected their entire life. I could not think of putting myself in a vulnerable place to have an intimate relationship. But for more than 40,000 girls every year in England alone, it is a daily reality that they have to deal with. Lets just put it out there, the chances of someone not looking to have a relationship conceiving is far less than a teenager in a relationship. And the temptations for a sexually orientated partnership are extremely high. Peer pressure is a phrase that I absolutely detest using because of its frequency among all things teen-related. But it does present itself so evidently in a relationship. I'm not looking for marriage in the next 5 years time so I don't believe having a boyfriend right now is worth the hassle. Its like buying an A-LEVEL microbiology text book on the first day of pre-school reception (not saying you wont need it soon enough, but whats the point?)
I am waiting on God for the time He tells me to look because 'the-one' is standing in front of me. And till that moment comes, I'll wait.

As another poster said, you won't have much luck waiting for a god to tell you.

I don't think having a boyfriend involves any hassle, and if there were any problems, you could just break up. It's your choice however, it doesn't matter to me. Do whatever you want, and whatever makes you happy.
Reply 7
Original post by Harvey Dent

I hope she does wait. Let natural selection take its course.
I agree! No need for it at this point. Know who you are before entangling yourself with other peoples' issues as they mature.
Original post by Exon
I hope she does wait. Let natural selection take its course.

I hadn't thought of it like that, you raise a good point.

OP, just keep praying and I'm sure Jesus will come and talk to you one-one-one. After all, you're important enough to have a personal chat with the supposed creator of all the universe, definitely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending