The Student Room Group

Alone forever... hahaha

I'm 16 and it seems like all my friends are getting boyfriends. I'm probably not the greatest looking person but I haven't ever had a boyfriend and I just wanted to know if there were any other people that were in my shoes that actually found decent partners or am I just going to have to shack up with 20 cats? :tongue:
Original post by Jobin123
I'm 16 and it seems like all my friends are getting boyfriends. I'm probably not the greatest looking person but I haven't ever had a boyfriend and I just wanted to know if there were any other people that were in my shoes that actually found decent partners or am I just going to have to shack up with 20 cats? :tongue:

Sometimes I think I'll end up as a crazy cat lady. Haha. But seriously, I didn't get my first boyfriend until I was 20. Mainly because I either fell for the wrong types or I was too picky. Don't settle just because your friends are doing it.
You're 16 for crying out loud, you have your whole life ahead of you and more than enough time to find a boyfriend..
I'm 16

End thread.

You're 16; go to school and don't worry about relationships. They hardly ever last at your age anyway; just go with the flow and don't become obsessed with getting a boyfriend.
Reply 4
Original post by De Mortimer
You're 16 for crying out loud, you have your whole life ahead of you and more than enough time to find a boyfriend..

Don't worry, I haven't lost all hope or anything, I was just wondering how normal it is :smile:
It is extremely normal.

I have friends who are 20+ and have never had a "proper" relationship.
Original post by Coffeetime
Don't settle just because your friends are doing it.

This!

Don't be that person who gets a gf/bf just because their peers are doing it and they do it just because they're afraid to be single.
Reply 7
Original post by Carpe Vinum
It is extremely normal.

Wonderful, thank you :smile:)
Reply 8
Original post by NooNoo1
pahaha....thats exactly the same as me....literally all my friends have bf apart from me :frown: i havent had a bf either and i am 16. I really hope we dont end up as crazy cat ladies :smile:

Hahaha yaaaay, found a kindred spirit :tongue: I know, it's just really annoying when you go to sleepovers and stuff and they're all like "we went for this really romantic meal and there was a candle and OH MY GOD it was so ramantic" and you're just sat they're like "yeah, totally get what ya mean, hapens to me allllll the time" :tongue: haha I dont know, maybe it's not like that for you
Don't worry about getting a boyfriend. Start saving up some money now and make sure you go into a good career. You'l need a big house for all those cats.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by NooNoo1
hahaha....no it is.....every time i hang with them they are constantly going on about how amazing their bfs are....you just want them to shut up and not rub it in your face....and then they go on double dates etc....oh to be a singleton:wink:

Haha I know, all of my friends went on a couples day and I was just like "well I'm not invited then, you guys have fun". But on the bright side, the constant reassurance is great, the 'you are just going to meet an extra special guy' can only not sound patronizing after the first 20 times :tongue: To be honest, I'm not too bothered about it because I think at the moment some of my friends are prioritizing their boyfriends way to much over their school work and I wan't to go to uni and I wouldn't want to with a boyfriend so if I did start a relationship, it would be with the knowledge that is has a 2 year expiry date :/
Reply 11
Original post by ChickenMadness
Don't worry about getting a boyfriend. Start saving up some money now and make sure you go into a good career. You'l need a big house for all those cats.

Haha will do, Can't have my cats living in squalid conditions :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by NooNoo1
yea, i am kinda the same.....just living each moment as it comes.....trying to forget about looking for a bf atm....just cba anymore :wink:

I've never really tried to get a boyfriend tbh, just one of those sad stories where you like one person for a couple of years and so ignore every other person hahaha maybe I shouldn't really complain, my own fault really :tongue:
17 (nearly 18) never had a 'proper' relationship, neither has another girl in my friendship group (even though she's really pretty) nothing abnormal about it, you've got your whole life ahead of you! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by CallMeBatwoman
17 (nearly 18) never had a 'proper' relationship, neither has another girl in my friendship group (even though she's really pretty) nothing abnormal about it, you've got your whole life ahead of you! :smile:

hahaha I know, thanks, the title is a bit melodramatic :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by NooNoo1
that is exactly what i do! i like someone for a really long time and cant look at anyone else. ahh well.....i better start searching for cats :wink:

Yeah, together we can make a large impact on the population of stray cats :tongue:
"alone forever" jeez you're 16 not 116. finding the one you'll spend the rest of your life with is rare at that age. be coooooooool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carpe Vinum
It is extremely normal.

there ya go

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 21 and haven't had a boyfriend. It used to get me down loads and I used to think there was something wrong with me. Now that I'm at uni and have met more guys I've realised that I'm just not ready for one as opposed to being unattractive. You're still so young and have got the rest of your life ahead of you. Focus on school and enjoying yourself rather than "finding someone". You just have to give it time :smile:

Quick Reply