Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

This year I have just been in regular employment however I have just decided I want to go to uni and have gained a place through clearing. The problem I have now is that I have had a holiday booked for a while now. It was booked for the 8th of October for a week. Would I still be able to go on this holiday and is there anything I have to tell the Uni if I do go?

Thanks,

Shane

ReputationRep:
    The uni won't care. By all means email your tutors to say but any work you need to do will probably be online - just make sure you're not missing deadlines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope no one checks your attendance at uni just make sure you do all the catch up work... The only time you might need to tell them is if you're missing registration week but other than that no...

Although I thought clearing only happened on results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be missing a couple of days in October too to go on holiday but as far as I know it's no big deal. Just email your tutors and do all the catching up you need to once you're back.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! Also it doesn't start until results day but because I gained my qualifications last year I was able to gain my place before it started

ReputationRep:
    Hello although yes the majority of universities will not care to check your attendance (for the most part) it is possible that you could be missing practicals, coursework deadlines or even an exam during that week so make sure you know what is going during the week you will be away.

And I know you're probably thinking "an exam? that early" yep they do start early, I had my first exam in October which was worth 25% of one of my modules. Also depending on your course any practicals could be worth a significant amount of your grade. And keep in mind if you do miss something they will not accept you going on holiday as a valid excuse.

ReputationRep:
    yh **** it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can go on holiday whenever you want.

I don't recommend it though. You're going to miss out on a weeks worth of work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.