Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aston university or city university London? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know that this is probably not the right section but one of the most active and I want an answer (desperate)

I am not sure which university to go! Im planing to study computer/computing science. I know aston is ranked higher and has better reputation then city. But city has a higher ranking in computer science!

Ranking don't mean everything but I don't want people to think I go to a bad university like my family is making city out to be!

To me all that matters is the students at university and the teaching there and also good employment.

I'm not so bothered about partying and stuff

Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think you should consider the social aspect of each uni just because it is such a huge part of uni life.
    Also I'd say that specific subject ranking is more important than the overall ranking, but I really recommend you visit them both on an open day or just go and take a look on any ordinary day so you can get a feel of the place.
    university.which.co.uk is a really good site you can use to compare the stats like employment, average earnings graduates make and student satisfaction etc between different unis for the same course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty73)
    Personally I think you should consider the social aspect of each uni just because it is such a huge part of uni life.
    Also I'd say that specific subject ranking is more important than the overall ranking, but I really recommend you visit them both on an open day or just go and take a look on any ordinary day so you can get a feel of the place.
    university.which.co.uk is a really good site you can use to compare the stats like employment, average earnings graduates make and student satisfaction etc between different unis for the same course.
    Thankyou for the site! And yes I know I was shocked how aston keeps dropping in subject rankings however when I was checking unistats the students were receiving better grades then students in city and queen Mary!

Have you been to aston before?

I been to city and I didn't really like the building but the students all seemed so nice!

Thanks for replying!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.