Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically, there is this girl I have been long interested in and I know she has been interested in me too. Now, the whole thing is fairly complex but basically the other day she said we should just be good friends. She told me this a matter of two days after I kissed her, but when I did this it was very awkward and tbh pretty poor from me(with reason however). I was talking to a mutual friend and he says that basically she also thought this kiss was awkward and that maybe my shyness is a reason she said we should be friends(even though I know that she likes all my traits).

Our mutual friend has basically instructed me to go all out, to see her soon and grab her by the waist and kiss her, to show I can be confident when required.

Now, given that usually this is a hard thing to do, and with the added fact she said we should be friends I am going to need to somewhere find an amazing amount of courage. Guys, how should I go about this, I'm seeing her next week for a walk and I guess this is where I will make my move...

ReputationRep:
    So you need to basically build some confidence?
    Give this playlist a listen right before you do it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dn88hrRjDknuU6

you're welcome bro,
    (maybe wear a suit too?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PKMN TRN JAM)
    So you need to basically build some confidence?
    Give this playlist a listen right before you do it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dn88hrRjDknuU6

you're welcome bro,
    (maybe wear a suit too?)
    haha thanks I'll give it a listen! nah I don't think wearing a suit when walking in 20 degree heat would be the best idea

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure this is just a confidence issue? I don't think this is anything to do with confidence and after all you heard this from a mutual friend not actually the girl herself. If she says the kiss was awkward and that you should just be good friends maybe she's trying to friend zone you and that was the explanation she gave to the mutual friend?

You will never understand a girl unless you ask her directly and even then there's nothing to say she's telling the truth but that's women for you, they could probably say the same about us.

Besides, if she found the last kiss awkward then kissing her in public in front of all her friends is probably going to have the same effect? Maybe something a little more geared towards just the two of you might be better if you insist on kissing her again. A date, ending with a kiss maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1985)
    Are you sure this is just a confidence issue? I don't think this is anything to do with confidence and after all you heard this from a mutual friend not actually the girl herself. If she says the kiss was awkward and that you should just be good friends maybe she's trying to friend zone you and that was the explanation she gave to the mutual friend?

You will never understand a girl unless you ask her directly and even then there's nothing to say she's telling the truth but that's women for you, they could probably say the same about us.

Besides, if she found the last kiss awkward then kissing her in public in front of all her friends is probably going to have the same effect? Maybe something a little more geared towards just the two of you might be better if you insist on kissing her again. A date, ending with a kiss maybe?
    The reason it was awkward was because I really couldn't read her and tell what she wanted. There's this whole big situation involving myself and two of my friends, all involved with this one girl and she's basically been having a hard time with it all. We'd been speaking about it quite a lot and she said she was confused as to what to do(hence why my approach to kiss her was awkward).

I have no problem kissing her, and I know for a fact that she has seen me to be slightly "shy", and that I guess she wants something more assertive. I think this may be the reason why she said she wanted to be friends, but my shyness around her was only as a result of the situation with my two other friends.

Basically, I think If I kiss her, catch her by surprise then maybe she will finally see me in a better light. And anyway, the situation with my two friends is dying down because they basically don't speak to her anymore. I'll go for it, it's just a matter of getting the guts to do so.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.