Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have **** loads of haters.

Some haters deserve to hate me, but most hate me even though I did nothing to them!

For example, a relative of mine, who I consider a 'hater' happened to bump into me somewhere. We sort of had a small chat, but I could sense he still hated me.

My family have been betrayed by our own people (my extended family) in the past, and the fact that I experienced it in my teens really affected my life. Despite it hitting me hard financially - in the sense that my parents were out of pocket, and mentally, I managed to be somewhat successful.

My fathers relatives are good and I get along with them really well! My fathers cousin helped us financially and they don't 'hate' me, even if I did something in my teens. They are 'forgive-and-forget' people, and although drinkers and smokers, they don't take drugs and have a good family. Unfortunately, they all live abroad and every time I come back home from seeing them I get extremely depressed and admittedly break down to tears.

My mothers side, admittedly - I don't get on too well with. For some reason all the hate comes from this side. Olders such as uncles and aunts are extremely jealous of my success; always have something negative to say; and even my cousins don't trust me! Don't get me wrong, but I am not be a drinker/smoker, but I am not a snitch! They get this impression that I am 'weird'; 'too good'; and a 'snitch'. They don't speak to me much and don't trust me - which I hate because they live 40 minutes away from me.

I just want to know how to deal with this minor problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    Hi,

I have **** loads of haters.

Some haters deserve to hate me, but most hate me even though I did nothing to them!

For example, a relative of mine, who I consider a 'hater' happened to bump into me somewhere. We sort of had a small chat, but I could sense he still hated me.

My family have been betrayed by our own people (my extended family) in the past, and the fact that I experienced it in my teens really affected my life. Despite it hitting me hard financially - in the sense that my parents were out of pocket, and mentally, I managed to be somewhat successful.

My fathers relatives are good and I get along with them really well! My fathers cousin helped us financially and they don't 'hate' me, even if I did something in my teens. They are 'forgive-and-forget' people, and although drinkers and smokers, they don't take drugs and have a good family. Unfortunately, they all live abroad and every time I come back home from seeing them I get extremely depressed and admittedly break down to tears.

My mothers side, admittedly - I don't get on too well with. For some reason all the hate comes from this side. Olders such as uncles and aunts are extremely jealous of my success; always have something negative to say; and even my cousins don't trust me! Don't get me wrong, but I am not be a drinker/smoker, but I am not a snitch! They get this impression that I am 'weird'; 'too good'; and a 'snitch'. They don't speak to me much and don't trust me - which I hate because they live 40 minutes away from me.

I just want to know how to deal with this minor problem
    I don't think you can do anything. You have to be the bigger person and not stoop to their level. Don't start hating on them. Do you really need them in your life?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.