Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This will be a little long so I apologise.

I met a guy, we are both 19 and we both liked each other. We arranged to go on a date but it didn't happen as he didn't reply to my call or text message the day it was supposed to.

He got in contact with me the day after and he told me that he wanted to be honest with me because I will end up finding out anyways but he had spent the night with another girl and had sex with her. To be honest it really hurt my feelings, so I said to him that he can go and hang out with her from now on and not to bother to contact me again.

I thought that he really liked me as much as I liked him, he said he did but he can't have liked me that much obviously?.

The problem I now have is that he wont stop hounding me with messages apologising and asking me to forgive him. He's all like ''I want to make it up to you, I'm an idiot'', ''please talk to me'' etc etc. I think he is genuinely sorry but my feelings are still a bit hurt and the girl he slept with is a complete tramp and I don't really want to be sloppy seconds to her.

So am I doing the right thing?

What would you do in this situation? help me.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say making threads for validation is the right way to go. Technically you guys weren't together but he did blow you off for her and that would be a deal breaker for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but if you're asking strangers on the internet about it, there's probably some part of you that thinks you didn't.

If he made the choice to cheat on you, IMO you did the right thing by leaving him, just don't fall for his BS again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah, don't bother. You're only 19.

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of the film, The Notebook.

(Original post by Reece Sure)
    This reminds me of the film, The Notebook.
    You've obviously never ever watched The Notebook then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You've obviously never ever watched The Notebook then.
    You're right, it was 300 I was thinking of. Gah!

ReputationRep:
    The fact that he slept with another girl and is trying to now sleep with you i.e. have his cake an eat and you think he is genuine says it all. Do you really even need to ask this question?

Honestly don't become the sort of whiny girl that complains about their **** of a BF but still goes running back to them. You know the type where a guy would sleep with their mother then still manage to manipulate her into thinking he is sorry and she'll forgive him and suck him off.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a douche. Better off without him...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.