Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So today I got my letter of 'essentials' for the beginning of the course. Truthfully I really can't afford everything and it's really stressing me out. I lost my job recently and my parents really can't buy any of it. Anyone else been in the same boat or is anyone else stressing about all of the equipment they need?

ReputationRep:
    Hi- first up- Don't Panic!

It might be a good idea if you get in touch with some of the students who will be in your year via the Facebook groups that we have set up for you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...light=falmouth the groups are moderated by students who will be starting their second year in September, so they know all about what it's like to start here.

You can also contact our admissions team to talk about the list- either via email: [email protected] or phone: 01326 213730 they are used to people feeling like you and will be able to offer more advice.

Finally- I remember when I first went to Uni being faced with a similar list and buying everything on it- I ended up with a metal ruler that to this day I have never used, so don't feel that your essentials are neccessarily essential- think of the way you work and the materials/tools you use.

I hope this helps,

Camilla

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.