I just want to know thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because some black women are pretty hot I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cos of dat ass

ReputationRep:
    Because the Internet is an area in which divisions become more apparent and people are more willing to discuss these things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    Because the Internet is an area in which divisions become more apparent and people are more willing to discuss these things.
    Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    I just want to know thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because white people have have set the standard of beauty as being white. So appreciating an alternative beauty needs to happen to make people who are different (read: not white) feel secure in their own skin.

Imagine being the only purple skinned guy in a neighborhood full of orange people?

ReputationRep:
    Because someone made it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    Because white people have have set the standard of beauty as being white. So appreciating an alternative beauty needs to happen to make people who are different (read: not white) feel secure in their own skin.

Imagine being the only purple skinned guy in a neighborhood full of orange people?
    Is there an asian thread?

ReputationRep:

Gee sorry, I forgot that I left the 'white standard of beauty' box ticked. Next time I'll not tick that box; gee it's difficult being the supreme administrator of existence.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
      almost certain there is, though none of the copycats have had the longevity of the black appreciation thread

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ChickenMadness)
      Were Asian people traded for sugar and shipped half way across the world to be servants.
      You can go ahead and create one. Just because you don't feel like you need one for you doesn't mean your sentiment is reflected by your entire race - you don't speak for every asian person out there you only speak for yourself.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by + polarity -)
      almost certain there is, though none of the copycats have had the longevity of the black appreciation thread
      Because blacks are loud and proud, baby.

Because blacks are loud and proud, baby.
        you don't speak for every [black] person out there you only speak for yourself.

ReputationRep:
        Whatever... You're jealous.

ReputationRep:
        Would a "white appreciation thread" be considered less appropriate? If so, why?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mequa)

I actually might take offense if such a thread existed.

Why don't you make a nazi appreciation thread while you're at it.

ReputationRep:
        Were Asian people traded for sugar and shipped half way across the world to be servants.
        You can go ahead and create one. Just because you don't feel like you need one for you doesn't mean your sentiment is reflected by your entire race - you don't speak for every asian person out there you only speak for yourself.
        Strange answer to "is there an asian thread?"

But ye there was a lot of slavery in Asia.

(Original post by Mequa)
          there's literally nothing stopping anyone from making a thread full of cute white girls

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by + polarity -)
          there's literally nothing stopping anyone from making a thread full of cute white girls
          Apart from a general dislike of radical feminist propaganda.

I propose a white ugly male pride thread.

(Original post by tomfailinghelp)
            Apart from a general dislike of radical feminist propaganda.

I propose a white ugly male pride thread.
            pardon?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Useful resources
          AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.