Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I opted for engineering with integrated foundation year and I got an offer from UoM. I was wondering, can foundation year students join Manchester societies like ManMUN or AIESEC?
    And anybody else who has opted for this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PragyaM)
    Hi! I opted for engineering with integrated foundation year and I got an offer from UoM. I was wondering, can foundation year students join Manchester societies like ManMUN or AIESEC?
    Foundation year students are treated like any other student so yes, you can join any society you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PragyaM)
    Has your conditional offer changed to unconditional yet??? It's been a long time since my exam results came out and they still haven't given me a response... I also need a CAS number from them so I can sign up for a tier 4 visa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ioclops)
    Has your conditional offer changed to unconditional yet??? It's been a long time since my exam results came out and they still haven't given me a response... I also need a CAS number from them so I can sign up for a tier 4 visa.
    Yes mine changed to unconditional about a month ago. You could always check with the Foundation Studies department as to why is your's taking time or what is its status.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, foundation students live in halls and are counted as students in exactly the same way everyone else is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Yep, foundation students live in halls and are counted as students in exactly the same way everyone else is
    That's great! Can't wait for uni to start

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.