Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am in the final stages of my BSc Psychology at the OU, and would like to add a masters degree.

I've taken a look at all options and Roehampton Online came to my attention only a couple of weeks ago. Are there any people here who have studied with Roehampton Online and can tell me something about the study mode?

I know that each module is studied for 12 weeks, with a 2 week break inbetween modules. This seems to be the same MO as is used in Liverpool, and I've heard dreadful things about them (e.g., if you fall sick during a module and cannot post regularly, you automatically fail and cannot just repeat the module but have to wait until the next presentation and pay for it again; study material is bad, etc.)

For me, that sounds very inflexible. What happens if you really get sick (e.g., are admitted to hospital, have an accident, etc.)? Do they allow you to take a break from studying (without paying more money)? What about taking a break for holidays? I am married and have two children, and have to care for them during school hols, etc. Plus, if we go away for a week or two, I am not always able to be online. How do you handle that, once you have started? Do you plan your family holidays around the module breaks?

How is the academic level in the courses, and are the study materials up-to-date? What about the study platform?

I really have lots of questions, and from what I've been able to Google, most student reviews are from students who studied there on campus. Since this programme is organized by Laureate, I assume that there are differences between on campus and online. I am worried there might be more similarities to Liverpool than to on campus study.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from folks studying there online.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.