Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where is the best place to have a student account and what are the benefits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isthismyname)
    Where is the best place to have a student account and what are the benefits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Natwest: They give you a "Tastecard" - This gets you 50% off food at almost all restaurants and take aways.

Santander: They give you a "Railcard" - This gets you a third off all Trains which is great if you're living away from home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieDS)
    Natwest: They give you a "Tastecard" - This gets you 50% off food at almost all restaurants and take aways.
    Because restaurants and take always are the first place people borrowing £50k should be spending their cash ! "

How about this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/stu...t-bank-account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baldness)
    Because restaurants and take always are the first place people borrowing £50k should be spending their cash ! "

How about this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/stu...t-bank-account
    It's still a good card to have considering it's free, I don't know why you're dismissing it.

I'm sure almost every student will be eating out at least a few times a month with friends or visiting family and this means you will save 50% each time in doing so.

Likewise, I'm sure every student will be having a few take aways with friends from their halls and yet again this would be a saving.

Seems incredibly foolish of you to dismiss any potential savings.

Unless that is you recommend Students have absolutely no meals outside their accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    It's still a good card to have considering it's free, I don't know why you're dismissing it.

I'm sure almost every student will be eating out at least a few times a month with friends or visiting family and this means you will save 50% each time in doing so.

Likewise, I'm sure every student will be having a few take aways with friends from their halls and yet again this would be a saving.

Seems incredibly foolish of you to dismiss any potential savings.

Unless that is you recommend students have absolutely no meals outside their accommodation.
    If you could have as many student bank accounts as you wanted you might have point.

Students borrowing £50k are stupid "eating out a few times a month" but I recognise it goes on.

You also want to remember that Chefs Special Sauce is applied to many a student meal/take away.

As such you might not want to advertise you are a student and you want your 10% if you don't want to be eating Chefs Special Sauce whilst forgoing the benefits of a more sensible and cost effective Student Bank Account.

There are also plenty of other ways to get discounted food.

I would doubt that the people that compiled http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/stu...t-bank-account missed the offer you propose. They discounted it and so should others.

So next time you enjoy your 10% student discount spare a little thought for billy whacking off into your take away before he presents it to you !

ReputationRep:
    If you could have as many student bank accounts as you wanted you might have point.

Students borrowing £50k are stupid "eating out a few times a month" but I recognise it goes on.

You also want to remember that Chefs Special Sauce is applied to many a student meal/take away.

As such you might not want to advertise you are a student and you want your 10% if you don't want to be eating Chefs Special Sauce whilst forgoing the benefits of a more sensible and cost effective Student Bank Account.

There are also plenty of other ways to get discounted food.

I would doubt that the people that compiled http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/stu...t-bank-account missed the offer you propose. They discounted it and so should others.

So next time you enjoy your 10% student discount spare a little thought for billy whacking off into your take away before he presents it to you !
    It's actually 50% off.

I wouldn't call Students "Stupid" for eating out a few times a month. What are they meant to do if they're friend group are going out for a meal for someone Birthday? Say no you're not going because you think they're "Stupid"?

Were you a Student yourself or not? I bet you were/are and you probably drink and/or smoke too and then come on here and call people "Stupid" for having the odd meal out lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's actually 50% off.

I wouldn't call Students "Stupid" for eating out a few times a month. What are they meant to do if they're friend group are going out for a meal for someone Birthday? Say no you're not going because you think they're "Stupid"?

Were you a Student yourself or not? I bet you were/are and you probably drink and/or smoke too and then come on here and call people "Stupid" for having the odd meal out lol.
    A friends birthday 3 weeks out of 4 weeks is not "the odd meal out " is it ?

If it is 50% I am even more confident you are getting what you actually pay for and get more Chefs Sauce in your dinner !!!

Again .. do you think the people on the money saving expert site are ignorant of students eating habits and have thus missed this fantastic offer you are promoting here ?

ReputationRep:
    coop give a good overdraft £1.4k starting rising to £1.7k.

ReputationRep:
    A friends birthday 3 weeks out of 4 weeks is not "the odd meal out " is it ?

If it is 50% I am even more confident you are getting what you actually pay for and get more Chefs Sauce in your dinner !!!

Again .. do you think the people on the money saving expert site are ignorant of students eating habits and have thus missed this fantastic offer you are promoting here ?
    I'm not promoting anything. I just think you're very stupid trying to dismiss this promotion.

If you think Students don't eat out or have take aways then you're incredibly stupid.

That's the way it is, and if they're doing it, they may as well save money doing so.

You didn't answer my question either, I bet you smoke and/or drink don't you? Which makes everything you're saying embarrassing to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Your tastecard is on sale on ebay for £3.50 for 2 months and this roughly equivalent one is same for 6 months

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hi-Life-Di...item1e8e19f57e

ReputationRep:
    Santander is the best, £2000 overdraft and free 16-25 travelcard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PC2852)
    Santander is the best, £2000 overdraft and free 16-25 travelcard.
    So if you get the travel card, all buses and trains are free?! What's tha catch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    So if you get the travel card, all buses and trains are free?! What's tha catch?
    All buses and trains are not free you muppett !

ReputationRep:
    All buses and trains are not free you muppett !
    Then why is it a 'free' 16-25 travel card?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Then why is it a 'free' 16-25 travel card?
    Gives you a discount on rail travel. I think it's around 30%. It's free because the card itself would usually cost you.

ReputationRep:
    The card itself is free instead of the usual £30. You then use the card to get 1/3 off train fares.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alapa)
    Gives you a discount on rail travel. I think it's around 30%. It's free because the card itself would usually cost you.

(Original post by ailashes)
    The card itself is free instead of the usual £30. You then use the card to get 1/3 off train fares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alapa)

(Original post by ailashes)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.