The Student Room Group

miser lifts a weight off his shoulders

Scroll to see replies

MyProtein or Go Nutrition are generally cheaper FYI :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Queen Cersei
It's GNC live well and I just checked and it said it is only 84kcal per serving! Maybe I have been ripped off...

How many grams of protein?

High protein, low total kcals is great for a lot of people that are trying to get more lean whilst training.

It's easy to eat a lot. (gone from <9 stone to 14 stone here.)

The effort is to get enough protein in whilst not hitting that many total kcals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Didn't do my workout yesterday as my heart was feeling weird. Felt a little light-headed, also got pins and needles in my arms for a while. It felt weird all day and I still think it feels weird, although it could just be that I'm hyper-conscious about it now. Probably sensible to hold off on exercise til I see a doc.
Original post by miser
Didn't do my workout yesterday as my heart was feeling weird. Felt a little light-headed, also got pins and needles in my arms for a while. It felt weird all day and I still think it feels weird, although it could just be that I'm hyper-conscious about it now. Probably sensible to hold off on exercise til I see a doc.

Probably best to take a break, have you consumed a lot of caffeine perhaps? I hope you feel ok soon :smile:
Original post by Motorbiker
How many grams of protein?

High protein, low total kcals is great for a lot of people that are trying to get more lean whilst training.

It's easy to eat a lot. (gone from <9 stone to 14 stone here.)

The effort is to get enough protein in whilst not hitting that many total kcals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

17.8g of protein per serving though I'm actually aiming for high calories as I don't mind putting on a bit of fat as I generally struggle to keep my weight up.

That is an incredible gain! How long did that take you and do you find it tricky to maintain? I feel like everytime I make progress I lose it again!
Reply 285
Probably best to take a break, have you consumed a lot of caffeine perhaps? I hope you feel ok soon :smile:

Nah, I don't touch caffeine. Could be alcohol.
17.8g of protein per serving though I'm actually aiming for high calories as I don't mind putting on a bit of fat as I generally struggle to keep my weight up.

That is an incredible gain! How long did that take you and do you find it tricky to maintain? I feel like everytime I make progress I lose it again!

Urm, did it over about 2 years or so. Maintaining / gaining weight I find really really easy. Food is great and I'd always rather be eating instead of not eating.

Drinking calories, milk etc can really help you if stuck. And nuts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Urm, did it over about 2 years or so. Maintaining / gaining weight I find really really easy. Food is great and I'd always rather be eating instead of not eating.

Drinking calories, milk etc can really help you if stuck. And nuts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am drinking strawberry milk right now in fact! I can't eat nuts which is annoying as I am recommended them all the time.
Reply 288
I am drinking strawberry milk right now in fact! I can't eat nuts which is annoying as I am recommended them all the time.

Strawberry milk sounds so nice!
Reply 289
Went to hospital on Wednesday night to do with some weirdness going on with my heart. They couldn't find anything so that was reassuring but probably going to have to go easy. Getting sudden bouts of lightheadedness, shortness of breath, and a weird pressure around the back of my chest and my neck. Not sure what this means for exercising - whether I should just call it off until I can get more info about what's going on.
Take a break until doctors say it's fine imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 291
Hi, I've been feeling the same for a while now - tingles in my chest and limbs and what feels like a racing heart, though could be in my head. I've put it down to anxiety - is there anything that your doctors said to you/do you have any recommendations for ways to help it pass?
Reply 292
Original post by miser

Did you get any advice from the doctors/do you have any advice on how to manage this? Ive had a racing heart, tingly limbs and pins and needles all day. Probably just anxiety but not a nice feeling!
Reply 293
Original post by YouD
Did you get any advice from the doctors/do you have any advice on how to manage this? Ive had a racing heart, tingly limbs and pins and needles all day. Probably just anxiety but not a nice feeling!

Actually I didn't see anyone until a time when I felt things really didn't feel right, and I called an ambulance just in case. I went to the hospital and got a bunch of checks but they didn't find anything, so I put it out of my mind. That was 6 months ago and I've felt pretty much fine since then. No idea what it was, or even if it was anything.
Original post by miser
Actually I didn't see anyone until a time when I felt things really didn't feel right, and I called an ambulance just in case. I went to the hospital and got a bunch of checks but they didn't find anything, so I put it out of my mind. That was 6 months ago and I've felt pretty much fine since then. No idea what it was, or even if it was anything.

You been lifting since?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 295
You been lifting since?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not lifting but I work out. My house actually has an exercise studio so I use that. I do HIIT with circuits of bodyweight exercises.
Reply 296
Given that I'm working out regularly again I'm considering reviving this blog. :smile:

I don't have access to a gym at the moment and my equipment's very limited, but I have 2x 10kg dumbbells and an exercise mat. I'm currently doing a gentle 7-minute workout routine twice a day for Monday-Friday, plus doing some dumbbell exercises til failure 2 to 3 times per week. I've also been doing aikido again about 3 times a week (which is mostly cardio).

I've been doing this for about a month so far without missing any workout days, and I've been drinking a weight gainer powder to help make sure I'm getting enough kcals.

Because my workouts are so frequent, I probably won't be updating this every day, but just using it for updates.

It's been good to get back into working out again - let's see how long I can last this time. :biggrin:
Good plan.

Good luck with everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 298
Still working out. :yy:

My current routine is Monday-Friday doing 2-4 cycles of 7 minute workout. Mon, Wed and Fri I do the standard circuits followed by dumbbell exercises; Tue and Thu I do abs circuits.

I'm aiming to put on weight until the 80kg mark. Eating a lot and drinking weight gainer shakes.

I'd like to get some running shoes and get some 10k runs in there, but it's a nightmare buying shoes over size 8 in Japan (I'm size 11). I was inspired by One Punch Man.
Reply 299
I feel like I've been super lazy and enjoying myself too much this past year, so I've decided to push myself harder. Working out is now in the mornings at 6:30am, followed by a cold shower and breakfast. Sometimes when I get out the shower my self-discipline is so high it literally makes me shiver.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest