Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies: Can you please recomment fragrances? :) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd like something that has a really nice distinctive smell. Not too strong, but not too subtle, just very nice.

ReputationRep:
    You a dude?

Ah lol now i feel dumb Just checked, your a chick.
    Dior is nice ;P

ReputationRep:
    I wear Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Add!ction)
    I wear Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana.
    How does it smell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    How does it smell?
    Lovely, it's hard to describe but it definitely has citrus notes. Why don't you go into Boots or something and check it out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Add!ction)
    Lovely, it's hard to describe but it definitely has citrus notes. Why don't you go into Boots or something and check it out?
    Yeah i might. Do you recommend any others?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i might. Do you recommend any others?
    I like Romance by Ralph Lauren too.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like something that has a really nice distinctive smell. Not too strong, but not too subtle, just very nice.
    I've been through quite a lot of fragrances on the search for something distincitive like you said but also quite suttle. A few favourites of mine include:

- Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf:
    This fragrance is very sweet, but not sickly. It erupts into an exotic bouquet once sprayed and the dry-down is divine.

- The One by Dolce and Gabanna:
    This fragrance is very smooth and sultry; it's a warm fragrance that has a good staying power (well on me anyway). It smells like a mixture of citrus and vanilla (which may sound foul but it is scrumptious!)

- Hypnotic Poison by Dior:
    Oooh this is an extremely distinctive fragrance, it's very deep and smells like vanilla. There are so many notes to this fragrance and every whiff transports you to it's endless depths.

- Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Thierry Mugler:
    The original 'Alien' is hit and miss for many people, I like it but it's far too strong. The Eau Extraordinaire is a limited edition summer fragrance that is lighter and much more crisp. The fragrance is quite floral, warm and cashmere-esque.

ReputationRep:
    thank you!!
    (Original post by Technetium)
    I've been through quite a lot of fragrances on the search for something distincitive like you said but also quite suttle. A few favourites of mine include:

- Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf:
    This fragrance is very sweet, but not sickly. It erupts into an exotic bouquet once sprayed and the dry-down is divine.

- The One by Dolce and Gabanna:
    This fragrance is very smooth and sultry; it's a warm fragrance that has a good staying power (well on me anyway). It smells like a mixture of citrus and vanilla (which may sound foul but it is scrumptious!)

- Hypnotic Poison by Dior:
    Oooh this is an extremely distinctive fragrance, it's very deep and smells like vanilla. There are so many notes to this fragrance and every whiff transports you to it's endless depths.

- Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Thierry Mugler:
    The original 'Alien' is hit and miss for many people, I like it but it's far too strong. The Eau Extraordinaire is a limited edition summer fragrance that is lighter and much more crisp. The fragrance is quite floral, warm and cashmere-esque.

ReputationRep:
    oo i like this thread
    im.looking to find a nice frangrance for myself too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Take my word for this. It's called "Glee: Music is my life". It's an inexpensive bottle which lasts for months (I'd say 8-9 months) of DAILY use (3-4 sprays). I've always been complimented whenever I've worn it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Dior Hypnotic Poison is the nicest women's fragrance in my eyes

I also like Armani Code, Jean Paul Gauliter Madame, Miami Glow, Christina Aguleria's By Night, Hugo XX, CK One Summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chanel Chance.
    The perfect in-between of youthful yet classy young girl fragrance and sophisticated woman, it's the only way I can describe it.

ReputationRep:
    Very Irresistible by Givenchy

ReputationRep:
    Burberry Weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fanticipation)
    Take my word for this. It's called "Glee: Music is my life". It's an inexpensive bottle which lasts for months (I'd say 8-9 months) of DAILY use (3-4 sprays). I've always been complimented whenever I've worn it.
    Not too fan of the glee show so doubt i'll like the perfume xD

ReputationRep:
    CK Shock

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramercier)
    Chanel Chance.
    The perfect in-between of youthful yet classy young girl fragrance and sophisticated woman, it's the only way I can describe it.
    Aren't there two different chanel chances?

ReputationRep:
    Chanel - Coco mademoiselle
    Thierry Mugler - Alien
    Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb
    Prada - Candy

ReputationRep:
    I could recommend a few but your best bet might be going down your local Debenhams/boots and trying them all out on those little pieces of card you have? People have such different tastes in perfume I'm not sure what you'd like But if you want something distinctive I'm wearing one called "Escada Cherry In the Air" and it's gorge, very summery/crisp and I've never smelt something like it before

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.