Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite foods/drinks that you can't get in this country? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Share the best things you've bought abroad then failed to find when back home.

My top one would have to be Fanta pineapple which is not sold in UK but is in places like Cambodia. it was delicious! Best Fanta flavour by 10* the next one.

Was distraught when found out UK didn't have it upon my return. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Street food (in Malaysia) that's insanely cheap, tastes amazing and is available until 2am
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Motorbiker)

My top one would have to be Fanta pineapple which is not sold in UK but is in places like Cambodia. it was delicious! Best Fanta flavour by 10* the next one.

On the subject of fanta:

Needless to say this stuff was brilliant :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparta_Kane)
    Street food (in Malaysia) that's insanely cheap, tastes amazing and is available until 2am
    Street food is awesome. Best thing about vietnam was being able to get an ice cold chopped pineapple quartered and ready for about 50 cents anywhere on the street since the women always have them. :drool:

Ate about 2/3 a day tbh. Lol.

(Original post by Slowbro93)
    On the subject of fanta:

Needless to say this stuff was brilliant :coma:

Good call! :five:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Street food is awesome. Best thing about vietnam was being able to get an ice cold chopped pineapple quartered and ready for about 50 cents anywhere on the street since the women always have them. :drool:

Ate about 2/3 a day tbh. Lol.

Good call! :five:
    I also love it at how artificial the stuff looks, but yet I love it!

ReputationRep:
    Kinder joy! Not kinder eggs, the one that has a plastic shell and one half has Nutella-like stuff in it. I'd include a picture but I've completely forgotten how to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathiye)
    Kinder joy! Not kinder eggs, the one that has a plastic shell and one half has Nutella-like stuff in it. I'd include a picture but I've completely forgotten how to.

Looks awesome. :drool:

Images: Find an image online, Get image URL/location(right click) and then put it between [img]image URL here[/img] tags.

ReputationRep:

Pineapple Fanta is amazing! I brought some home from my last holiday haha

ReputationRep:

Looks awesome. :drool:

Images: Find an image online, Get image URL/location(right click) and then put it between [img]image URL here[/img] tags.
    Ooh! I'll try.

There are currently 6 sitting beside my bed. They're supposed to be for my friends, but... I don't know how long they'll last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleighisonfire)
    Pineapple Fanta is amazing! I brought some home from my last holiday haha
    Where from? I'm tempted to order some on amzon and get it delviered. :ahee:

(Original post by Kathiye)
    Ooh! I'll try.

There are currently 6 sitting beside my bed. They're supposed to be for my friends, but... I don't know how long they'll last.
    success!

Where did you get them from? France? they look delicious. It it chocolate balls in white chocolate?

ReputationRep:
    Tutti Frutti Frozen Yoghurt.

I loaded mine with gummy bears. Mmmmm....gummy bears!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Where from? I'm tempted to order some on amzon and get it delviered. :ahee:
    I stuffed them in my suitcase from Tenerife :ahee: I looked for some on Ebay/Amazon but it's really expensive for what you're buying. 6 bottles for £10 and excluding PP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woztar)
    Tutti Frutti Frozen Yoghurt.

I loaded mine with gummy bears. Mmmmm....gummy bears!
    Wow! Where do you get them from!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Where do you get them from!
    I got them on holiday from the Middle East quite a while back.

I not 100 percent certain if there are branches located in the UK. 😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woztar)
    I got them on holiday from the Middle East quite a while back.

I not 100 percent certain if there are branches located in the UK.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    When I was in Spain they have a supermarket called Mercadona and the iced sugar doughnuts from here... they were just so good I took one pack home in my suitcase, so heavenly

ReputationRep:
    I stuffed them in my suitcase from Tenerife :ahee: I looked for some on Ebay/Amazon but it's really expensive for what you're buying. 6 bottles for £10 and excluding PP!
    Well, am running the TSR daily prize Draw Atm (details in announcement on here) where any post in Food and Drink this week is a chance of winning a prize.

May add in some cool new prizes depending on what people post. Like if someone wins a the prize for posting they love these i could get them 6 bottles as the prize from amazon.

ReputationRep:
    Well, am running the TSR daily prize Draw Atm (details in announcement on here) where any post in Food and Drink this week is a chance of winning a prize.

May add in some cool new prizes depending on what people post. Like if someone wins a the prize for posting they love these i could get them 6 bottles as the prize from amazon.
    Ahh that's cool.

ReputationRep:
    When I went abroad with family to see other family, they sold cookies in a shop nearby, They were SOOO good, I`d even go so far to say they were better than Maryland Cookies I remember I took like 20 packets home with me LOL. Took more space up in my suitcase than my clothes!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Smjor Icelandic butter. Omg that butter is amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.