Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I messing things up with my girlfriend already? Watch

Been with her for two months now and things started great.

Couple of weeks ago I accidentally made a comment about her driving and she got really upset. I didn't mean it in the way she took it, she nearly ran a red light and I mentioned it to her. We got into a little spat.

She's been home in London for the past week or so over summer. We've Skyped and all has been well, but the last time we Skyped things seems a bit forced, and am not sure if it's just because we haven't been with each other properly for over a week.

Also, she keeps saying I'm slightly different to how I was when we were seeing each other regularly. She says I'm a 'softie' and 'nice' when I used to be more 'cool'. I, as far as I can tell haven't changed. She compliments me A LOT, so I've been returning the favour... yet she get's real uncomfortable. She says she likes it but doesn't at the same time.

I also questioned whether she felt we were out of the 'dating' part of the relationship and she panicked in case I was going to say something really serious about us - I wasn't - but still, I'm a bit confused on it all.

Have I done anything wrong from what I've said, and does it seem as though I'm screwing things up between us?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like she's the problem not you tbh.

ReputationRep:
    She isn't showing high interest.

You've probably got two options; get dumped, or dump her first. The second one raises your value (what she calls your 'cool'). To be honest, mate, she sounds like she's not right for you.

Sorry, man.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Regarding the 'spat' we had, she was also telling me she was worried that we had actually had an argument, because she didn't want us to have had an argument, and then kept dwelling on it the whole time we were talking.

Also, mutual friends keeps talking to her about me, saying various stuff about me which aren't true, which is annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    she likes bad boys. Treat her badly lol.

Well that's what it sounds like haha. I just don't understand really.

ReputationRep:
    Two months and you aren't out the dating phase? I'd say knock it on the head.
    • TSR Support Team

Looks to me like she isn't that interested unfortunately and maybe she is looking for an excuse to end it by having a spat with you. I would strongly suggest at least talk to her about all these issues.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.