The Student Room Group

mantoux tests

I have to get a mantoux test for physiotherapy and as my doctors don't do this one have been looking at travel clinics. The places I've come across are really expensive!
Does anyone know of cheaper clinics/places in the London area where I can get this done?
Original post by going again
I have to get a mantoux test for physiotherapy and as my doctors don't do this one have been looking at travel clinics. The places I've come across are really expensive!
Does anyone know of cheaper clinics/places in the London area where I can get this done?

Hiya, I'm having to go through the same thing. I spoke to my nurse at my GP and she said that it will never be free as it's not a necessary - even in the health profession so you'll have to go private for it.
Some people depending on their area are getting it for a lot cheaper but i'm from Hertfordshire and paying £95 for the mantoux test alone!!

A lot of money but think it's the only option :frown:.Try ringing your closest hospital though and the should be able to advise.
my uni did it free of charge during the OH check when we started. Ask the uni you're going to

Quick Reply

Latest