Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have just come back from my one year exchange programme in America and I'm about to send off my travel grant forms in order to be reimbursed. I have 3 questions.

1. Whilst away I had to pay for mandatory health insurance provided by the university. I don't have a receipt for this. Will a copy of my bill showing what I have been charged and what I paid be acceptable evidence?

2. I also paid for travel insurance, some of which covered health insurance. Can I also claim this back?

3. I arrived in America a couple of weeks before my university course started to sort out a bank account/phone/accommodation etc. It was cheaper for me to fly into a city nearby the one I was studying and stay with a family member than to stay in a hostel in the city of the university. Because of this my journey was not direct to the university (which the form says it must be in order to be reimbursed) but was definitely the cheapest option (which is also a condition). Will this stop me being reimbursed for my flight?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.