Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sacked. Practically deported. Dumped and now getting depressed. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically i worked abroad for a couple of years. The company sacked me and cancelled my visa straight away. I had no option other than to leave my friends and return to my home country. I met a guy when i was away and we fell in love.

My home situation - I'm trying to look for work but it's been a month and my money's running low now.
    Abroad I had loads of friends, here I have none. Along with no car and living in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and my hair is falling out because I'm stressed!

Me and my ex tried to the distance but it wasn't working, in fact he cheated. To his defence I kind of pushed him into the relationship, he agreed because he didn't want to lose me.

I fell in love and I want to keep in touch with him but I don't think I can. I know what I feel for him is much stronger and it's upsetting. Also his life makes me realise how s*** mine is right now and it gets me down. He's extremely good looking, extremely intelligent, nice, very popular, loads of friends, great family life and social life. He loves to party and is always meeting new people, girls love him and I know it won't be long until he finds someone else and it's crushing me.

We were only dating for 1 month, but saw each other daily and it was very intense. And now I've been home a month... So I've known him 2 months now. And I know I need to keep to things rolling or i might lose him forever.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry things aren't going too well at the moment, but they will eventually pick up when you find a job and have a stable income. If your ex cheated that sort of suggests something isn't right in the relationship. Is he truly sorry for cheating? Do you even really know his motivations and can you trust them? The fact you refer to him as your ex suggests that you aren't in a relationship anymore yet you still appear to be rather hung up on him - understandably so. Maybe you need to move on like he has, as hard as that is. Once again really sorry that you're in this situation right now but things can only get better in time. xx

ReputationRep:
    Darling you've known him two months, surely you didn't already believe that it was going to turn into a blistering romance and you'd be together for the long run? To do so spells disaster and explains why you're feeling utter crap about it.

You must fall for people very easily if you've known someone for just 8 weeks and already 'love' him and find yourself saying you never want to lose him.

You have my sympathy that hard is life right now but to me it all seems based around this guy - guys seem to be taking over your life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.