Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP! Hairstyle advice for a festival. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Reading Festival next month and I desperately need advice for the best hairstyles for greasy hair. I hate my hair, it never makes it through a couple of days without washing.

Anyone have any tried and tested styles and tips that will help my hair last a whole weekend and look okay - esp if it rains!

ReputationRep:
    Plaits are always a good idea - they look good and they can help keep hair out of your, which is handy if it's hot and humid

If you've ever seen Game of Thrones, the way Danaerys has her hair is quite nice, I've tried it myself a couple of times and it's simple to do

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophSophW)
    I'm going to Reading Festival next month and I desperately need advice for the best hairstyles for greasy hair. I hate my hair, it never makes it through a couple of days without washing.

Anyone have any tried and tested styles and tips that will help my hair last a whole weekend and look okay - esp if it rains!
    Dry shampoo all the way! I wouldn't go without any to a festival
    What I would do is curl my hair using plaits or curlers before hand, then plait my hair overnight, this keeps the curls fresh and curly hair shows grease less than straight hair! Another thing is to try a floral headband or something similar, fits right in at a festival and will distract from greasy roots. Also don't condition your hair when you wash it before a festival, this should hopefully hold off grease a little longer (on my hair it does anyway!)

My final tip is, don't worry about what your hair looks like at a festival, everyones in the same situation and no one cares if its looking a little greasy by day 4!

ReputationRep:
    Get some dry shampoo, Batiste is the best And don't use too much conditioner the last time you wash it before setting off

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all so very much guys!
    I cannot thank you enough for your fantastic hair advice. I will definitely be taking this on board!
    HPPrincess - that Daenerys hair tutorial is awesome. I'm a massive GOTs fan too!!
    izzyb96 your right, everyone will have questionable hair. I'm such a stress head!

I've been doing some research trying to find some good advice and blogs and I found these.
    Thought I would share to see if they could be of help to anyone.
    http://www.benna.co.uk/blog/hair-acc...estival-guide/
    http://www.missguided.co.uk/blog/ind...r-inspiration/
    http://www.hypemyhair.com/tip/fab-festival-hair-tips/

Do you guys know of any good hair blogs that you follow or can suggest?
    I really need to do more with my hair. They all look so cool in these photos but whenever I try stuff like this I end up looking like a loon lol

Awww, you guys are the best xx

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend getting Pinterest on your phone/tablet - there are loads of hair tutorials (amongst other things) that you can save and store for later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tied back to be best prepared for all the blowjobs you'll be giving.

ReputationRep:
    Just put a feather head-dress on, standard festival garb and nobody will look at your hair!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.