Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I am most likely starting a course at Durham University this October and I was wondering what are the most common job vacancies for students in the area? Preferably I wish to work in a college bar or so, but I currently cannot find any info on how that works. Would I need to apply early/prior to the start of the course or once I get there?

Any information on any kind of student job would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    All colleges have students who work in their bar. It's relatively easy to get a job there as most students won't already have prior experience.Most colleges will interview whilst others don't, but usually the interviews are by fellow students who work at the bar.

Other student jobs in college include the security team, toastie bars, snack shops and librarian-y stuff. Not every college will have all of those though.

All applying for student jobs is during term time so don't worry about that! I had an interview for a bar at the end of last term and it was really nice and relaxed. I'm looking forwards to starting work there in October!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.