Top 5 games you've played? Watch

xmertic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What are the top 5 games you have ever played?
I'll go first! Put the game and the platform you played it on!

1. Pacman - Atari
2. World of Warcraft - PC
3. Zelda, Ocarina of Time - N64
4. Ni No Kuni, Wrath of the White Witch - PS3
5. Last Of Us - PS3
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
1. Diddy Kong Racing - N64
2. Spyro - PS1
3. Super Mario - N64
4. Tekken PS1
5. Runescape - PC
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xmertic)
What are the top 5 games you have ever played?
I'll go first! Put the game and the platform you played it on!

1. Pacman - Atari
2. World of Warcraft - PC
3. Zelda, Ocarina of Time - N64
4. Far Cry 3
5. Last Of Us - PS3
*In no particular order*

1. Half Life (the first one) - PC
2. Portal - PC
3. Majora's Mask - N64
4. XCOM: Enemy Unknown - PC
5. Ocarina of Time - N64

Not necessarily my favourites, but I think objectively 'the best'.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xmertic)
x
have a copy of Ni no Kuni, sat on my table waiting to play, as soon as the school I finish work for the holidays.. cant wait. If its as good as people say, then given that I am a big Ghibli fan, it will be amazing.

(Original post by Black Cat)
x

(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
*In no particular order*

'.
Had a lot of these threads over the years, and usually do not agree with many of the lists - but for the first 3, those are some cracking choices

For me something like:

- Half life (1st, if I have to choose just 1)
- Super Smash bros N64
- Portal 2
- Diddi Kong racing/Mario kart (not going to pick..)
- Quake
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. Super Mario 64 - N64
2. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - DS
3. Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver - DS
4. Call of duty ghosts (yes, really, I actually quite liked it) - PS3
5. Bomberman 64 - N64

The N64 ones I can't play anymore, but I used to play on them a lot as a kid.
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
have a copy of Ni no Kuni, sat on my table waiting to play, as soon as the school I finish work for the holidays.. cant wait. If its as good as people say, then given that I am a big Ghibli fan, it will be amazing.
I was massively disappointed with Ni no Kuni. :/ Although the book is super pretty and I don't regret buying it.

- Half life (1st, if I have to choose just 1)
- Super Smash bros N64
- Portal 2
- Diddi Kong racing/Mario kart (not going to pick..)
- Quake
Argh, I debated putting smash brothers in there.

You really preferred Portal 2?! Amazing.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
I was massively disappointed with Ni no Kuni. :/ Although the book is super pretty and I don't regret buying it.

Argh, I debated putting smash brothers in there.

You really preferred Portal 2?! Amazing.
mm I did - not sure why, but just felt like a more fleshed out game for me. Portal 1 had the wow-factor when it first came out.. and I was looking foward to it for years, playing the half-life mods that tried to re-create the effect and everything..

But whilst it nailed the gameplay, it felt to me like the 2nd really put in the padding around the gameplay that made it great..

+ SSB for me will always be there, far to many hours of playing it with friends when I was little.. and now very very excited for the new one in a few months!
Harvey Dent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1 - Golden Sun: The Lost Age
2 - Pokemon Heart-Gold
3 - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
4 - Batman Arkham City
5 - Fire Emblem: Awakening
JammyGit07
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ocarina of time - N64
Mass effect trilogy - PC
Witcher 2 - PC
Age of Empires 2 - PC
Dragon age: Origins - PC
Pedd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Modern:

Witcher 2

Dark Souls

Skyrim

Oldies:

Spyro: Gateway to Glimmer

Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Ahhh, childhood!
randomgeeza
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1) Counter-Strike 1.6 - The BEST FPS shooter ever. Got me in to PC gaming and generally playing online. Many great memories.
2) World Of Warcraft - Wasn't a big MMO player but WoW changed that. Loved raiding and World PvP. 25 man raids were INSANELY fun and 10 man raids were more serious but still epic.
3) Last of Us - Combined my huge interest of zombies with unbelievable story telling, great level design, good game play and real atmosphere.
4) Age of Empires 2 - Love military history, love gaming this combines both excellently.
5) Pokemon Gold - Pokemon as a child = awesome. I loved the new world, the new colours, night/day split.
xmertic
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Some awesome answers!!
StrangeBanana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Halo
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Metroid Prime
Final Fantasy VII
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's very hard to narrow this down to just five, but allowing myself only one game from any given series, let's see now..

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (N64) - deciding between this, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Link's Awakening is damn hard, but it really is the definitive Zelda, with very few objective flaws, even if not necessarily quite my favourite
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - took everything that the first Galaxy did and improved it in almost every way. Less iconic than SM64 but like Ocarina it's very hard to find much in the way of objective flaws.
  3. Super Metroid (SNES) - amazingly atmospheric and well-designed, a superb refinement from the original.
  4. UFO: Enemy Unknown/X-COM: UFO Defense + X-COM: Terror from the Deep (PC) - yes, the originals! Firaxis' update is excellent, but lacks some of the depth that these games afford. Right now I'm getting very tempted by Xenonauts.
  5. The Last of Us (PS3) - much as I'm not a fan of the 'zombie'-like theme, I can't deny the craftsmanship here

Honourable mentions:
  • Dungeon Keeeper (PC)
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum (cross-platform)
  • Portal (PC)
  • Deus Ex (PC)
Complex solution
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've pretty much always been a PC gamer and a fan of shooters and realism.

(In no particular order)

1: Peter Jacksons King Kong
Whilst it's not a great game by today's standards it was the first game I ever played where the focus was realism (for an action game).

2: Half Life series.
What can I say? Probably the best action games of all time.
And pretty much every major source mod started here; Team Fortress, Day of Defeat, Counter Strike, Zombie Panic, Age of Chivalry...list goes on.

3: Operation Flashpoint and ARMA series
Major emphasis on realism and carefully planning your attack with combined arms. Recent Flashpoint games like Dragon Rising and Blood River are still okay.

4: War Thunder
Free game that satisfies the inner tanker within. Aircraft gameplay has gotten worse but ground forces are a lot of fun.

5: BF2
The definitive multiplayer action game for me. I still play Project Reality and Forgotten Hope 2, the two mods that spawned from it.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Last of Us PS3
This magnificent game from Naughty Dog kept me gripped throughout. It has an excellent narrative and character development in a wonderfully imagined post-apocalyptic world. Excellent gameplay and some of the most believable characters in a game make this my number one game of all time.

Dungeon Keeper 2 PC
This RTS dungeon sim was the 2nd, and sadly final, installment of Bullfrog's series. Playing as the bad guys and tryiong to thwart the heroic enemies and other keepers was a very fun challenge. Mix in a very English sense of humour and you have one excellent game.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 PC
It's Command and Conquer at it's finest. This fast paced RTS may not be the most balanced RTS game of all time, but it has an immense replayabilty. I've spent many an hour playing skirmishes with friends or doing challenge maps downloaded from the net.

Wip3out PS1
3...2...1....GO! Any Wipeout 3 fan will remember this Asian voice echoing through the track as the countdown began for a high-paced, weapons filled race for supremacy. The 3rd installment of the series on PS1 had excellent graphics for the time, a real sense of speed to it and a stomping sound-track by the likes of the Chemical Brothers.

Timesplitters 2 PS2
Everyone remembers Goldeneye as the pinnacle of sofa FPS. Everyone but me that is! Timesplitters 2 is the perfect arcade FPS game. Mexican Mission + Minigun + a ban on monkeys = epic fun for everyone! Apparently there is a single player mode... Never got to that!

Honourable Mentions:
Destruction Derby 2 PS1
Resident Evil 4 Gamecube
Unreal Tournament PC
Portal Xbox 360
Tomb Raider Xbox One
Super Mario Bros 3 NES
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
Dungeon Keeper 2 PC
This RTS dungeon sim was the 2nd, and sadly final, installment of Bullfrog's series. Playing as the bad guys and tryiong to thwart the heroic enemies and other keepers was a very fun challenge. Mix in a very English sense of humour and you have one
Even more sadly, no it wasn't :no:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...geonkeeper_row
TheGrinningSkull
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No order:

1) Doom - PS1/PC
2) PGR4 - Xbox 360
3) Stuntman Ignition - Xbox 360
4) World's Wildest Police Chases - PS1
5) World of Tanks - PC
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)
Even more sadly, no it wasn't :no:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...geonkeeper_row
*Puts fingers in ears*

Lalalalalalala!

I'm not listening!

Dinaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. COD, i'll bomb you anyday
2. GTA
3. Assassins Creed
4. Runescape
5. Habbo - These two = my kiddy days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.93%
No (222)
94.07%

Watched Threads