Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You have to live with the vulnerability of being the 'weaker' sex, it's harder to be independant/single ie going out alone at night, you get men rubbing it in your face how much weaker women are compared to them, you have all the hassle of pregnancy (all that hard work at the gym lost) and giving birth whilst men can just relax, keep their bodies in shape and be presented with a nice little baby at the end.

As a tomboy who likes to work out/keep in shape and wants to stay single I can't find any advantages to being female!

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to have a baby.

You can look however pretty you want, whether in a summery dress or the tight jean shorts + tank top combo, and still reject the tons of men after you. (But whether you will remain safe doing that, is a different story)

You can hold down a job too.

...maybe you just want to be older. Then you can go out at night without being approached by male youths.

ReputationRep:
    I hate being a woman also to be honest, it's a hassle.
    I get honked at by cars at least 50% of the time if I go out the house alone and then yelled at out of cars by lude men or men in the street, I can't go out at night on my own for fear of being raped. I get constantly criticized for the way I look. I get sexually assaulted in clubs 70% of the time . I'm mocked for being a woman whenever a serious topic is at hand. There is loads more but I really can't be bothered delving into everything I have to put up with on a day to day basis due to a pair of tits being on my chest.

Edited for clarification.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I feel very sorry for you girls. As a male, it is really great being the stronger and smarter sex, and the most respected type of being on the planet Earth. But look on the bright side, at least your still a human, animals have it 100 times worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You don't have to have a baby.

You can look however pretty you want, whether in a summery dress or the tight jean shorts + tank top combo, and still reject the tons of men after you. (But whether you will remain safe doing that, is a different story)

You can hold down a job too.

...maybe you just want to be older. Then you can go out at night without being approached by male youths.
    I don't wear dresses though and I hate the words summery dress lol I'll go for the tight jeans. I'd just feel even weaker in a dress I like to feel strong/work out and get muscles. True about the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
    Yeah I feel very sorry for you girls. As a male, it is really great being the stronger and smarter sex, and the most respected type of being on the planet Earth. But look on the bright side, at least your still a human, animals have it 100 times worse.
    True, I could have been an ant I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft you get free drinks and get to be a lesbian.
    Being a women rocks because of those two reasons. /Thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    Pfft you get free drinks and get to be a lesbian.
    Being a women rocks because of those two reasons. /Thread
    I dont, the last time I got drinks bought for me a man kept saying stuff like 'it's fine when you don't pay for drinks' and sarcastically asking 'how many drinks did you buy'. Truth is I offered to pay for all the 3 rounds but people kept saying it's ok and would t take money I offered.

ReputationRep:
    women are treated better because women are seen as being more precious,nurturing and delicate so women get lots of privileges from men especially which that they take it for granted. also being a woman means you get a lot of male attention even if your not very attractive which is not true other way round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    women are treated better because women are seen as being more precious,nurturing and delicate so women get lots of privileges from men especially which that they take it for granted. also being a woman means you get a lot of male attention even if your not very attractive which is not true other way round.
    Yea but the attention stops lol, I'll be 30 in a few years they only go for the young ones! Anyway I don't get attention even now as I don't dress up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I hate being a woman also to be honest, it's a hassle.
    I get honked at by cars at least 50% of the time if I go out the house and then yelled at out of cars by lude men, I can't go out at night on my own for fear of being raped. I get constantly criticized for the way I look. I get sexually assaulted in clubs 70% of the time . I'm mocked for being a woman whenever a serious topic is at hand. There is loads more but I really can't be bothered delving into everything I have to put up with on a day to day basis due to a pair of tits being on my chest.
    I don't get any of this myself, must be cause I don't really have tits and don't go to clubs lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    Yea but the attention stops lol, I'll be 30 in a few years they only go for the young ones! Anyway I don't get attention even now as I don't dress up.
    There are both advantages and disadvantages being a female, for the person you are, there are an overwhelming amount of disadvantages whilst for other personality types, they love being women due to all the perks

ReputationRep:
    well if your even fairly attractive then you still will get attention. maybe you just have to give more hints now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plusC)
    There are both advantages and disadvantages being a female, for the person you are, there are an overwhelming amount of disadvantages whilst for other personality types, they love being women due to all the perks
    Overwhelming amount? What other disadvantages do I have lol is there some I don't even know about.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget periods.

Seriously though, being female doesn't hold you back, it may be harder but you can do it. And to be honest, all the issues you have listed still apply to men too, they feel the pressures of looking good and although they don't have the physical pain of having a child, it's still a pretty big life-changing deal.

ReputationRep:
    Although there are advantages and disadvantages to both sexes i'm inclined to agree with you, i'd rather just be a boy sometimes.

Also don't forget having to spend time ridding yourself of all your body and facial hair - does my nut in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    Don't forget having to spend time ridding yourself of body and facial hair - does my nut in.
    I nearly mentioned that but then men must find it a hassle shaving everyday and having a haircut every 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    You can still manipulate guys, so stop complaining.

ReputationRep:
    Overwhelming amount? What other disadvantages do I have lol is there some I don't even know about.
    Well you said it was ''crap'' so I thought you felt that there were many disadvantages

ReputationRep:
    I nearly mentioned that but then men must find it a hassle shaving everyday and having a haircut every 2 weeks
    That's true, shaving on your face must be rough. But then again if they choose to grow a beard it's still cool (or better imo ) and some women have to take care of facial hair without the choice of leaving it alone unless they want to be seen as gross.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.