Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello All.
    I am will starting uni in September as a mature student studying history (how boring do I sound).
    Well anyway, Looking for some advice on where to stay?
    I am 24, but I am still looking for a good social life.
    Any other mature students already booked their accommodation?
    Or anyone with any experience of living in the private halls already?
    I really like the look of the Castings, however I really do not fancy the digs accommodation which the uni recommends.
    Thanks.
    John

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jagohn)
    Hello All.
    I am will starting uni in September as a mature student studying history (how boring do I sound).
    Well anyway, Looking for some advice on where to stay?
    I am 24, but I am still looking for a good social life.
    Any other mature students already booked their accommodation?
    Or anyone with any experience of living in the private halls already?
    I really like the look of the Castings, however I really do not fancy the digs accommodation which the uni recommends.
    Thanks.
    John
    There's loads of mature students in halls, any of them really. If you're definitely not interested in Storthes then go for The Castings, Aspley Halls or Snow Island.

All will be fine for getting to know people. As long as you show your face around town during freshers weeks it's almost impossible not to get to know people. It will be noisy and messy in halls at times though so if you think you'll really be more mature (as in acting old or think you're different because you're older), not just in age, then you might want to consider private housing. If you're going to be getting involved then don't worry about being older, it means nothing at uni, it's more about your attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    There's loads of mature students in halls, any of them really. If you're definitely not interested in Storthes then go for The Castings, Aspley Halls or Snow Island.

All will be fine for getting to know people. As long as you show your face around town during freshers weeks it's almost impossible not to get to know people. It will be noisy and messy in halls at times though so if you think you'll really be more mature (as in acting old or think you're different because you're older), not just in age, then you might want to consider private housing. If you're going to be getting involved then don't worry about being older, it means nothing at uni, it's more about your attitude.
    Hello mate.
    Sorry for not replying, I've been away all week. Cheers for your answer pal. I'll be putting myself about for freshers week most definitely, can't wait for that to be honest. Just booked in at the castings now, so no going back now ha. Was just a bit worried that's all, a lot of my mates have been uni and already graduated, so had the feeling I could be doing all this to late.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 24 and went for Aspley but having never lived here I can't really give any helpful advice

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.