Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Total amount paid to me has changed Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I applied for Student Finance as soon as it was available and put one of my choices I had received an offer from, with the intention to change it when I heard from my preferred university. Luckily I did and changed uni online recently. I've been given a new statement, and the new university's tuition fee is £9000 p/a, whereas the previous was £6500. However the amount payable to me has dropped by roughly £1500? Is this due to the increase in tuition fees? The previous uni was in England and the new one in Wales, does this affect it? I'm just rather confused as even the 'Plus loan based on household income' has dropped by over £1k, and nothing has changed in my household finances.

Many thanks.

Jake

ReputationRep:
    Bumping in case my Q goes unanswered
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jake,

the only thing that would possibly have changed is that your previous course may have what is know as a long course loan based on the number of extra weeks you would study.
    If your new course doesn't have any extra weeks then this would likely be the reason for the drop.
    However I would advise to call us on 0300 100 0607 to discuss this with an adviser.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Jake,

the only thing that would possibly have changed is that your previous course may have what is know as a long course loan based on the number of extra weeks you would study.
    If your new course doesn't have any extra weeks then this would likely be the reason for the drop.
    However I would advise to call us on 0300 100 0607 to discuss this with an adviser.
    Thanks
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't see anything about the long course loan on the old statement - but I'll ring tomorrow to speak to an adviser.

Many thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.