Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To those who drive EXTREMELY slowly Watch

• View Poll Results: Why do you drive less than the speed limit?
    Because im gay.
    75.00%
    Because im terrified of pigs with hi tech.
    25.00%
    Because my vehicle is crap and I shoulda got a faster one. (includes option 1)
    0%

I mean if the speed limit is 70, you will drive 50mph. What reason is there for doing this even tho its an open road, fine weather and none of those mini people around that everyone loves to protect.

The speed limit is a guideline for the speed you should be driving in bad conditions, in built up areas, near kids or animals or when the pigs are about. Otherwise just drive properly please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    I mean if the speed limit is 70, you will drive 50mph. What reason is there for doing this even tho its an open road, fine weather and none of those mini people around that everyone loves to protect.
    Children?

ReputationRep:
    I know slow drivers are horrible to be behind but if everyone just slowed down a little, road accidents would plummet.

(Original post by pane123)
    Children?
    Yeah

(Original post by Leftee)
    I know slow drivers are horrible to be behind but if everyone just slowed down a little, road accidents would plummet.
    You will always get road accidents in the same way you will always get numpties. Its just that accidents are far more impressive at high speeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    The speed limit is a guideline for the speed you should be driving in bad conditions, in built up areas, near kids or animals or when the pigs are about. Otherwise just drive properly please.
    Most speed limits were introduced when roads and cars were a lot less safe than they are nowadays, too.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't the Autobahn or however you spell it not have a speed limit and it has a very low frequency of accidents?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    lol @ option 3

ReputationRep:
    Just look at OPs reputation haha

ReputationRep:
    if they lack that much confidence in their driving they shouldn't be on the road

slow driving is dangerous driving

ReputationRep:
    It's one of the things that winds me up the most. If anything it causes more accidents because you're ****ing people off and they become impatient.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Let's not forget that on a driving test, you can get minors for "inappropriate speed" which includes going too slow.

ReputationRep:
    The people who annoy me most on the road are not those that drive slowly, it's those who only drive at one speed. 40mph through a village, through a town, on the bypass, on a dual carriageway A-road... Those are the people who should be made to forfeit their car on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    Option 1 of course :rolleyes: you got a problem with how we roll?

ReputationRep:
    The times I drive slowly is when I'm forced to be behind one of these slowpokes!

Slow driving is not necessarily safe driving and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the 'I don't' option?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.