Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just returned from a selection process in Regent's street and we were told we would be emailed or called. But I can't work out if this email means I was successful or if it is a diplomatic rejection letter? It doesn't confirm anything, all it says is there is a chance you may or may not be contacted for a further interview within the next three weeks. It is just so vague. Really frustrated right now.

Dear candidate,

Thank you very much for your interest in working for the Inditex Group U.K.

If your application is successful and matches the current vacancy requests from our stores, then you will be contacted for the next interview stage within the next three weeks.

In the event that you are not contacted, please be aware that your details will remain in our database for at least six months and that you are welcome to apply again.

Thank you for your time and we wish you every success in the future.

Best regards
    Recruitment Centre
    INDITEX UK

ReputationRep:
    It's just a polite "thank you for applying" email which they'll have sent to all the applicants. They won't have rejected or accepted anyone yet, so just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arbolus)
    It's just a polite "thank you for applying" email which they'll have sent to all the applicants. They won't have rejected or accepted anyone yet, so just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.
    Yeah I guess you are right. Perhaps I am being a little impatient. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got that email about 2 days after the group interview which I arrived late to (whoops) and I wasn't really expecting to be taken on. I didn't hear back from them ever again.
    BUT saying that, there is a chance that you may be called for an interview. So don't give up hope.. and keep on applying regardless of whether you think you got it or not

ReputationRep:
    1) Wait 3 weeks
    2) Receive response: Successful
    3) Do not receive response: Unsuccessful but details are on database

Although based on the fact that you can't understand a simple email, I wouldn't be hopeful if they have any form of competency interview.

Good luck though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    1) Wait 3 weeks

Although based on the fact that you can't understand a simple email, I wouldn't be hopeful if they have any form of competency interview.

Good luck though.
    Yes I understand the content of the email but the reason I had my reservations is because he stated that some of the successful candidates would be called and the rest would receive an email with either a rejection or acceptance. So I was basically speculating if the email was in essence saying we are not really interested but in the off chance something arises we have your information on our database.

And with regards to your lack of hope in reference to my ability to perform in the eventuality of a competency interview all I will say is enough of the patronising and negative mindset dude it does no one any good.

But thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedaa)
    I got that email about 2 days after the group interview which I arrived late to (whoops) and I wasn't really expecting to be taken on. I didn't hear back from them ever again.
    BUT saying that, there is a chance that you may be called for an interview. So don't give up hope.. and keep on applying regardless of whether you think you got it or not
    Thanks. To be honest I just realised I received the email this morning whereas my interview was at 1pm. I suspect that as I first applied online a month ago and I also applied to Inditex in person a week ago that email was in response to my online application.

I think I performed quite well even if I was a little more nervous than I thought I would be. He did say we should receive an email or a call in due course so here's hoping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myaccount88)
    Thanks. To be honest I just realised I received the email this morning whereas my interview was at 1pm. I suspect that as I first applied online a month ago and I also applied to Inditex in person a week ago that email was in response to my online application.

I think I performed quite well even if I was a little more nervous than I thought I would be. He did say we should receive an email or a call in due course so here's hoping
    Well as long as you dressed smart and well, spoke up a good amount then you should be good and they'll get back to you with an interview for your desired store.

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedaa)
    Well as long as you dressed smart and well, spoke up a good amount then you should be good and they'll get back to you with an interview for your desired store.

All the best!
    Thanks. I just got a call from Inditex and they want me to come in for an interview at their flagship store in London tomorrow! That is unexpected enough but what's more is if I pass this interview then I will be allocated in the ladies department and I know nothing about women's fashion! :eek: I must have really blabbed well in the recruitment session lol I really need this job so I hope all goes well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    1) Wait 3 weeks

Good luck though.
    LOL! Smooth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzehWolf)
    LOL! Smooth.
    Yeah you are easily impressed chummy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myaccount88)
    Thanks. I just got a call from Inditex and they want me to come in for an interview at their flagship store in London tomorrow! That is unexpected enough but what's more is if I pass this interview then I will be allocated in the ladies department and I know nothing about women's fashion! :eek: I must have really blabbed well in the recruitment session lol I really need this job so I hope all goes well.
    Congratulations!!! You proved me wrong lmao. I hope everything goes well at the interview. Trust me, I don't think you need to be a fashion expert, just be yourself, talk about energy lol ( when I was at the interview, they emphasised it alot as its a fast paced work environment), You'll be absolutely fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedaa)
    Congratulations!!! You proved me wrong lmao. I hope everything goes well at the interview. Trust me, I don't think you need to be a fashion expert, just be yourself, talk about energy lol ( when I was at the interview, they emphasised it alot as its a fast paced work environment), You'll be absolutely fine
    Thanks for the tip. Now I just want to get this interview out of the way. It's a little annoying that they call in such short notice but I should be ok

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.