Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When your gf asks if you think she's fat..... Watch

ReputationRep:
    and of course she obviously is, as always... Is there a way out of this? Just lie? Or what? What is the right answer? One of those moments you wish you could just log out from life.

ReputationRep:
    Non-issue as I'm not partial to dating fat girls

ReputationRep:
    Why are you going out with someone you consider to be "fat"? Even if you like dating big girls, do you consider them "fat"?
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask her why she's feeling insecure. If I thought she was fat, chances are I wouldn't be with her, but supposing I was, I wouldn't lie to her about it if she insisted on an answer.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her that she is fat. If she keeps on asking, she knows she is fat. If she does not like the answer, she should not have asked.

ReputationRep:
    "i think you're beautiful" is a good way to avoid actually answering the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    and of course she obviously is, as always... Is there a way out of this? Just lie? Or what? What is the right answer? One of those moments you wish you could just log out from life.
    Are you going for the most amount of threads created in 24hrs record?

But I to answer your question I'd say it depends on the girl. Some will like you being blunt but others will want you to say no even if they aren't exactly skinny.
    Just tell them they look good unless they really don't. In which case you could try to suggest something better but you have to be very subtle about it.

ReputationRep:
    People need to stop taking offense to the word fat. Just give her an honest answer.

ReputationRep:
    You will never win. Whatever you say, you will be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    "Chin up, Mabel! And the other one!"

ReputationRep:
    Don't answer it! It's a trap :P

ReputationRep:
    Answer honestly if you think she could do with losing a bit of weight to improve her health and self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    Don't make eye contact, say 'no honey, you look beautiful as always' then back away slowly. Under any circumstances, do not make any comments about the KFC or even glance at her midsection.

ReputationRep:
    If my girlfriend were fat, and she asks "Am I fat?", the course of action is clear.

"Yeah, you're fat."

I value the truth above all else; especially in these circumstances as I firmly believe nobody needs their feelings looked after by other people when asking questions that might get unfavourable answers. If you don't want to hear it then don't ask - I'm going to be direct with the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Say yes, then if she asks again, tell her to get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Why are you going out with someone you consider to be "fat"? Even if you like dating big girls, do you consider them "fat"?
    People may willing to overlook one flaw in a person of they love the rest of it. I know I wouldn't leave a partner if they got fat.

ReputationRep:
    its always a trap!

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you love the way she looks but if she doesn't accept that and keeps asking be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    :rofl:
    lmao.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.