Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Appealing the skills tests Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I work with someone who failed her numeracy test on the final attempt by one mark. She has years of experience in schools and would make a fantastic teacher, it just seems so unfair. Does anybody have any experience of appealing the tests or have any idea of what she can do next? The 2 year ban is ridiculous, but we all know that. English is her second language and i believe this may have had an impact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billy bilo)
    I work with someone who failed her numeracy test on the final attempt by one mark. She has years of experience in schools and would make a fantastic teacher, it just seems so unfair. Does anybody have any experience of appealing the tests or have any idea of what she can do next? The 2 year ban is ridiculous, but we all know that. English is her second language and i believe this may have had an impact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not really sure what the best options would be I'm afraid. Perhaps your friend could write to her local MP? Now that Gove is out, who knows if this two year lock out period will remain?

ReputationRep:
    Ive just read that people who dont have English as a first language are entitled to 25% extra time and the questions on screen aswell as read out. If she had known this im sure it would have made a difference. I wonder if Pearsons would take this into account?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billy bilo)
    Ive just read that people who dont have English as a first language are entitled to 25% extra time and the questions on screen aswell as read out. If she had known this im sure it would have made a difference. I wonder if Pearsons would take this into account?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Possibly, although they'll probably question why she didn't apply for the extra time after she failed the first or second time? Worth asking though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.