How good are these societies? Watch

scjman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello
If all goes well, I will be starting a BA in History at Anglia Ruskin and am considering joining these societies
Literary Society
GameJam
Wildlife Society (though maybe a little bit more detail on this one)

I was curious to know what opinions people who joined these societies have of them
TheWorldEndsWithMe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cambridge campus, just to check? I'm not sure if they have all the societies at all the campuses...

GameJam is pretty good, though they got ****ed around a bit by the SU apparently - they had been promised some money for consoles specifically for the society and never got it or something.
scjman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
Cambridge campus, just to check? I'm not sure if they have all the societies at all the campuses...

GameJam is pretty good, though they got ****ed around a bit by the SU apparently - they had been promised some money for consoles specifically for the society and never got it or something.
yes I do mean the Cambridge campus. Thank you for your reply
TheWorldEndsWithMe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by scjman)
yes I do mean the Cambridge campus. Thank you for your reply
Wish I could help with the other societies, but I'm not in them. :s
BennyD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where would I be able to find information the societies in Cambridge?
I'd like to get back into Martial Arts again if there's one about personally, I miss my Taekwondo days...
TheWorldEndsWithMe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BennyD)
Where would I be able to find information the societies in Cambridge?
I'd like to get back into Martial Arts again if there's one about personally, I miss my Taekwondo days...
https://www.angliastudent.com/experience/socs/
FPRider
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey there, I'm a member of the GameJAM and friends with its president-elect who will be running the show next year.

Would definitely recommend it, especially now given that the President wants to try and expand upon the society to be more inclusive, and hopefully I'm thinking of working with them as a society president myself (refer: Disabled Students Society) to see if we can get some accessible gameplay going.

I regularly go there with my laptop to play some of the stuff, so if you want, feel free to PM me and I'm sure I can welcome you to the group as socially awkward as I can be!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
    Nursing and Social Work Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (88)
14.52%
Yes - a food allergy (63)
10.4%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.48%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.64%
No (424)
69.97%

Watched Threads