Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    If all goes well, I will be starting a BA in History at Anglia Ruskin and am considering joining these societies
    Literary Society
    GameJam
    Wildlife Society (though maybe a little bit more detail on this one)

I was curious to know what opinions people who joined these societies have of them
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge campus, just to check? I'm not sure if they have all the societies at all the campuses...

GameJam is pretty good, though they got ****ed around a bit by the SU apparently - they had been promised some money for consoles specifically for the society and never got it or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    Cambridge campus, just to check? I'm not sure if they have all the societies at all the campuses...

GameJam is pretty good, though they got ****ed around a bit by the SU apparently - they had been promised some money for consoles specifically for the society and never got it or something.
    yes I do mean the Cambridge campus. Thank you for your reply
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scjman)
    yes I do mean the Cambridge campus. Thank you for your reply
    Wish I could help with the other societies, but I'm not in them. :s

ReputationRep:
    Where would I be able to find information the societies in Cambridge?
    I'd like to get back into Martial Arts again if there's one about personally, I miss my Taekwondo days...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BennyD)
    Where would I be able to find information the societies in Cambridge?
    I'd like to get back into Martial Arts again if there's one about personally, I miss my Taekwondo days...
    https://www.angliastudent.com/experience/socs/

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I'm a member of the GameJAM and friends with its president-elect who will be running the show next year.

Would definitely recommend it, especially now given that the President wants to try and expand upon the society to be more inclusive, and hopefully I'm thinking of working with them as a society president myself (refer: Disabled Students Society) to see if we can get some accessible gameplay going.

I regularly go there with my laptop to play some of the stuff, so if you want, feel free to PM me and I'm sure I can welcome you to the group as socially awkward as I can be!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.