The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by qwerty_mad
Can someone explain to me how H2H works??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Works like a premier league table. You play against somebody else in the league each gameweek. Whoever scores more in the week gets 3 points. A draw is 1 point. This carries on throughout the season and we get a winner based on who has won more of their h2h matches.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DH1'
Works like a premier league table. You play against somebody else in the league each gameweek. Whoever scores more in the week gets 3 points. A draw is 1 point. This carries on throughout the season and we get a winner based on who has won more of their h2h matches.

I had never done well before so I didn't know but based on my 3 public H2H leagues last year, the top 4 go into a playoff thing for the last 2 weeks. On GW37 1st plays 4th and 2nd plays 3rd, then the winners play in GW38 for the title. I don't know if that is just public leagues but you don't even know about it until you get top 4, I was well surprised when it put me in one.
In- Louis' XI

De Gea
Terry, Debuchy, Ben Davies, Bruce
Hazard, Mata, Eriksen
Sturridge, Dzeko, Remy

Krul, Collins, Davis, Albrighton

Only provisional, a few things I don't like about it, mainly the double Liverpool coverage up front, and Mata's a bit of a risk with the uncertainty over Man Utd atm. No Yaya is difficult given his last season too.

Anyone else struggling for strikers? I'm worried about the fitness of RVP and Aguero over a season. Don't know what LVG's plans are for Rooney, and Costa is obviously a risk as it's his first season. Lukaku and Negredo's futures are uncertain so that's worries over 6 out of the 7 most expensive strikers. Might have to bite the bullet and work RVP in, looking at early fixtures.
Reply 203
Original post by Alex Doran
I had never done well before so I didn't know but based on my 3 public H2H leagues last year, the top 4 go into a playoff thing for the last 2 weeks. On GW37 1st plays 4th and 2nd plays 3rd, then the winners play in GW38 for the title. I don't know if that is just public leagues but you don't even know about it until you get top 4, I was well surprised when it put me in one.

Yes, that's right. It's for private H2H's too i think. Forgot about that
Original post by DH1'
Yes, that's right. It's for private H2H's too i think. Forgot about that

I don't think that's the case, but correct me if I'm wrong. I had the option of adding knockouts in, but with 20 teams, that will take up all 38 GWs, so I decided not to add knockouts in (partially as I wasn't 100% sure how adding knockouts into a H2H works).

But I am 99% sure that the way I've set it up, there are no knockouts.
Original post by Louis.

Anyone else struggling for strikers? I'm worried about the fitness of RVP and Aguero over a season. Don't know what LVG's plans are for Rooney, and Costa is obviously a risk as it's his first season. Lukaku and Negredo's futures are uncertain so that's worries over 6 out of the 7 most expensive strikers. Might have to bite the bullet and work RVP in, looking at early fixtures.

I'm the opposite - there are a lot of strikers that appeal to me.

Negredo has broken his foot so Dzeko is actually a good option now...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by little_wizard123
I'm the opposite - there are a lot of strikers that appeal to me.

Negredo has broken his foot so Dzeko is actually a good option now...

I think Dzeko would have started the season anyway, but yeah he's an even better option now. I wonder if Aguero, who looked horribly unfit in the World Cup, will be back to his best for the start of the season. Costa too for that matter.

If Arsenal don't bring in a striker then Giroud looks tempting, assuming he has Sanchez and Walcott either side of him.
Original post by Louis.
I think Dzeko would have started the season anyway, but yeah he's an even better option now. I wonder if Aguero, who looked horribly unfit in the World Cup, will be back to his best for the start of the season. Costa too for that matter.

If Arsenal don't bring in a striker then Giroud looks tempting, assuming he has Sanchez and Walcott either side of him.

I looked at Dzeko and I will probs put him in after 5 weeks but his start is just too difficult. He should definitely start for City, especially with Negredo out (he might have left anyway though.)
Walcott is injured at the start of the season and I think unless Giroud is scoring well, they will drop him and play Sanchez up front when Walcott is back so he seems risky long term but a decent pick to start with.
Aguero never really seems fully fit, he is always a few games away from another serious injury.
Original post by Louis.

Probably, but I've never wanted to start with players not guaranteed to start.

Walcott will miss the start of the season, I'd say the only worry over Giroud is when Cazorla, Ozil, Walcott and Sanchez are all fit.
Forgot about the Walcott injury, I've switched off completely from club football over the summer, which isn't ideal for this game haha. If Giroud doesn't start then whoever plays down the middle (I'm assuming Sanchez) becomes very tempting, although I try and avoid new signings.
Just joined

Team Name: Cech Out His Nani

Joined the normal league, but do I join the h2h division a, b or c or all three?
Reply 211
@premierleague 7m
#FPL new players added: DEF Luis (CHE) £6.0m, DEF Ferdinand (QPR) £4.5m. Play: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Is Luis now worth it over Terry/Cahill or do i bother forking out the extra .5 :holmes:
Joined the normal one and H2H Division A

Team Name: Chak de Liverpool!
Original post by IamJuggernaut
Just joined

Team Name: Cech Out His Nani

Joined the normal league, but do I join the h2h division a, b or c or all three?

Just one.
Original post by DH1'
Is Luis now worth it over Terry/Cahill or do i bother forking out the extra .5 :holmes:

Much better to pay the extra 0.5 to ensure you get a starter.
So chelsea defence will probably be:
Ivanovic Cahill Terry Luis

Bench: azpil, ake, Bertrand

Am I right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216
Original post by little_wizard123
Much better to pay the extra 0.5 to ensure you get a starter.

Surely Luis will be a starter at LB though. Paid 20m for him, and he's excellent. Not sure Mourinho wants to keep Azpi away from his favoured side. Read an article that the FB's will be much closer to the CB's in competing for BPs this season too.
Luis will definitely start every game at left back. You would have thought Azpi will start quite regularly as Mourinho clearly loves him, he is young and he covers a lot of ground whereas Ivanovic is not as much of a natural full back. I would imagine that Ivanovic will play occasionally at CB (across all competitions) as Terry can't play every game, and also rotate with Azpi a bit to get a few games at RB.
Personally I had Azpi but now that Luis is also 6m I have swapped them round. I can't see Mourinho spending £20m, on a substitute defender.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alex Doran
Luis will definitely start every game at left back. You would have thought Azpi will start quite regularly as Mourinho clearly loves him, he is young and he covers a lot of ground whereas Ivanovic is not as much of a natural full back. I would imagine that Ivanovic will play occasionally at CB (across all competitions) as Terry can't play every game, and also rotate with Azpi a bit to get a few games at RB.
Personally I had Azpi but now that Luis is also 6m I have swapped them round. I can't see Mourinho spending £20, on a substitute defender.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect him to spend 20 quid on his toilet rolls either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 219
Original post by DH1'
Surely Luis will be a starter at LB though. Paid 20m for him, and he's excellent. Not sure Mourinho wants to keep Azpi away from his favoured side. Read an article that the FB's will be much closer to the CB's in competing for BPs this season too.

So do you think Herrera and Markovic will start as well?
If we're basing starting on their price?

Quick Reply

Latest