The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
My team was pretty good long term, van Persie has started scoring since I deleted it so if he keeps going my team might do alright :lol: I thought I could leave the H2H leagues after changing the admins (I thought perhaps the 20th player would change to the average) but I can't leave. I bit pointless me being there.

Not at all, it makes it more fun seeing the team to beat rather than the 'average'.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Not at all, it makes it more fun seeing the team to beat rather than the 'average'.

But at least the average includes players that are still active.
Original post by little_wizard123
But at least the average includes players that are still active.

True but I still prefer actually seeing the team. Besides ghost teams can do well. Wasn't it two seasons ago someone worked out a ghost team that would have easily beaten the overall leader?
True but I still prefer actually seeing the team. Besides ghost teams can do well. Wasn't it two seasons ago someone worked out a ghost team that would have easily beaten the overall leader?

I think last year as well... it happens every year!
What a **** week, 36 pts so far.

Everyone bar Costa has got me like 1-2 points.
Pretty happy I have a team at the minute where I can rotate my subs based on fixtures. Dzekos big game this weekend makes me wonder whether it would be beneficial to have him over aguero and ivanovic over Hutton.
Do people think that one should have Arsenal coverage? As aforementioned I'm getting rid of Ramsey but if I want Aguero in it would mean bye bye to Welbeck as well.

Would be: Ramsey -> Jedniak (hoping for price rises because of two goals in two games and guarenteed starter for my bench)
Welbeck -> Aguero.

4pt hit but I reckon it would be worth it in the long run.

Another alternative would be

Ramsey -> Silva
Welbeck -> Pelle

:beard:
Do people think that one should have Arsenal coverage? As aforementioned I'm getting rid of Ramsey but if I want Aguero in it would mean bye bye to Welbeck as well.

Would be: Ramsey -> Jedniak (hoping for price rises because of two goals in two games and guarenteed starter for my bench)
Welbeck -> Aguero.

4pt hit but I reckon it would be worth it in the long run.

Another alternative would be

Ramsey -> Silva
Welbeck -> Pelle

:beard:

Welbeck is the only Arsenal coverage worth thinking about. Ramsey was for the first two-three GWs but as soon as Ozil returned and Sanchez settled, Welbeck was the only option.

Not a huge fan of Silva myself, every time I get him I'm always thinking that it's a short term compromise. Don't think Pelle is a better option than Welbs either.
the whole 'casuals' thing was awful last year, and it is again this year..

Anyway, optimum scenario this week is that I rise to 2nd in the league.. for this to happen I need:

Burnley to conceed
Stoke Clean sheet..
No yellow card for wilson
A yellow card for Duff

With that, can squeak second place.. Other wise it will be 3rd/4th depending on stokes game..

(edit, burley conceed :biggrin: step 1 done)
well that duff transfer look **** right now. Who's likely to keep a clean sheet next week, west ham?
Original post by The Assassin
well that duff transfer look **** right now. Who's likely to keep a clean sheet next week, west ham?

Aye, so much for West Brom don't score and Burnley don't concede.
Aye, so much for West Brom don't score and Burnley don't concede.

yeah that's annoying

--

thinking of taking out chambers for one week then putting him the next. my defence lets me down every week :\
Original post by Quickmedicalhelp
Lol you're ****e anyway down in 50th

So?
I wouldn't say 50th on the TSR league is that bad anyway since the standards are crazy high.
but I really couldn't care less, just playing this for a bit of fun.

Tbh i'm more invested in H2H since it gives more of a "season" kind of feel to it - you might have your up and downs over the whole campaign but each week you're playing only one person; you could have your best pts score so far and still lose, like how a team could play an amazing game in the league and not get all 3 points.

Original post by Alex Doran
Someone with a high team value can afford more expensive players. Typically the expensive players are better (otherwise they wouldn't be expensive) and whilst there are a few exceptions, expensive players normally get more points.
I am not saying those 5 players are remotely essential, merely that having all 5 means that you can't be too far off the top.
Lets just see at the end of the season where everyone is rather than you just assuming you will just make 20 points in a week and that everyone else will fall off. Maybe you aren't the god at FF that you clearly think you are.
Also if you made up an average of almost 25 points per week in 7 weeks than either you actually picked the dream team every week (which is impossible without a good team value) or everyone else in your league was ****.

This.

Also, making up 117 points in 7 weeks is a terrible lie - could've at least made it sound realistic...
Original post by Gob Bluth
Silva is really good for his price. He will consistently get you points; he's an interesting differential.

Looks like the top of the table clash in div A is going to the wire. I have a 2 pt lead with Wilson to play, and Invincibles with Wisdom and Begovic to play. If West Brom don't keep a clean sheet it is likely a tie!

We are both on 36 with Wilson and begovic to play lol. Save points and bonus points could decide this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should of gone for Wisdom over Duff. Well, we live and learn. Duff will firmly remain on the bench as the 3rd sub now. He'll always play but just don't trust the Burnley defence after conceding 4 to West Brom.
Original post by Lúcio
So?
I wouldn't say 50th on the TSR league is that bad anyway since the standards are crazy high.
but I really couldn't care less, just playing this for a bit of fun.

Tbh i'm more invested in H2H since it gives more of a "season" kind of feel to it - you might have your up and downs over the whole campaign but each week you're playing only one person; you could have your best pts score so far and still lose, like how a team could play an amazing game in the league and not get all 3 points.

This.

Also, making up 117 points in 7 weeks is a terrible lie - could've at least made it sound realistic...

its not bad at this stage at all.. but it wouldl be at the end of the season..

Bassically, people as you would exepct drop away, and really the serrious people wittle down as the season gets on..

I would say anything less then top40, or even 30s - at the end, is pretty bad..

I dont think I remmeber any regular poster last year who was ranked bellow 30s by the end..

And actually some of the postesr who were down in 50-80 range in the first 5 weeks, managed to end up coming in the top10.. one of them nearly won it, but came 3rd in the end..
0 pts for duff means that its a stoke clean sheet, and I get 2nd in the league :biggrin:
Not convinced on Pelle over Wele just yet. I'll give it a few more weeks.
Not much point in having Welbeck and Azpi next week is there?

Cant believe i didnt consider going for 4m wisdom, with how bad burnley seem to be at scoring goals. Watch they score one bad one vs Leicester next week ffs :rolleyes:

Week will be poor for me next week I feel. No ****ing clue what to do :lol:

edit: going to put demel in for chambers.

Original post by sr90
Not convinced on Pelle over Wele just yet. I'll give it a few more weeks.

same. Arsenal have had some tough games really and should get better after next week. Hopefully at least...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
its not bad at this stage at all.. but it wouldl be at the end of the season..

Bassically, people as you would exepct drop away, and really the serrious people wittle down as the season gets on..

I would say anything less then top40, or even 30s - at the end, is pretty bad..

I dont think I remmeber any regular poster last year who was ranked bellow 30s by the end..

And actually some of the postesr who were down in 50-80 range in the first 5 weeks, managed to end up coming in the top10.. one of them nearly won it, but came 3rd in the end..

I was 15th top poster last year and just scrapped 50th on the final day. :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest